Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a off-shore fishing charter that allows walk ups?
I am not interested in renting a boat for myself, so I hope there is a public charter available.

Otherwise, is there anyone out there that would be interested in a fishing trip?
Maybe we can get a group together and share the charter cost.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Anyone know of a off-shore fishing charter that allows walk ups?
I am not interested in renting a boat for myself, so I hope there is a public charter available.

Otherwise, is there anyone out there that would be interested in a fishing trip?
Maybe we can get a group together and share the charter cost.
I'm interested-I'll keep an eye on this thread to see if it goes anywhere.

·
Registered
536 Posts
chk cobone for good deals on hiring fishing boats,
I've done the Cobone deals a few times with various charters, in my opinion a load of rubbish. Typically you get crammed on to a small boat with a 4ft rod and a bit of squid. no fish fiders on the boats so pot luck if you catch anything, if you do tends to be small fry.

They only take you a mile or so from the Atlantis so forget any ideas of catching big GT's or kings.

·
Registered
163 Posts
There is a meet up group that offers fishing,I have not had the time to do it myself but its a good price and they offer trips often.I have not heard from them in awhile so hope its still going meetup.com I think.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Never did try fishing before , so if you don't mind my lack of experience . You can count me in as soon as i get there . :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
i need advice on what trace to use for surf fishing here in Dubai? any help?
Definitely a wire trace is recommended. I now use 45lb as 20lb has been bitten through!. As for hooks, a couple of 2/0's or 3/0's depending on size of bait.
The Kingfish(Narrow-barred Spanish Mackerel) and also Barracudas have a mean set of teeth, both are present here and can be caught from the shore.
Also many of the other species encountered will make short work of mono.

Good luck.

·
Registered
376 Posts
thanks but would this be for Surf Fishing? I am looking for an actual rig? what works in Dubai if you have had any experience?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I will be in Dubai March 14-19 and would like to fish one whole day or two half days. I am interested in GT but if the odds are better for other species my mind can be changed. I will need to recruit one or two people to join me and keep the costs down. Send me a pm if interested and we can exchange email

1 - 17 of 17 Posts