Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to renew my 12 month visitor's visa (first time). I'm retired, not married or related to anyone with French nationality, don't work, own property, pay taxes or insurance here; don't have any investments or banking, etc. Really simple... just a long-term visitor renting a room in someone's house.

My initial interview last spring was at the OFII in Creteil, but not sure if I need to return there or perhaps go the the Prefecture in Creteil.

Can someone advise, provide a weblink, or indicate what type of documents I will need to prepare?

I live in Choisy le Roi, near Creteil, Val du Marne, IDF. Thank you.

·
Administrator
53,184 Posts
It's not actually your visa you're renewing, but rather your titre de séjour (i.e. your residence permit - which in your case IS currently the validated visa in your passport). This is the page from the Service Public site on the carte de séjour for "visiteurs." https://www.service-public.fr/particuliers/vosdroits/F302 Click on the heading for Demande de la carte for a listing of what documents you'll most likely need (though it can vary a bit by prefecture).

The key thing you'll need to provide (at least according to the list, and in addition to the standard sorts of identification documents) is proof of your financial resources - i.e. where is the money coming from that you live on?

And there is a blank where you can fill in your postal code to find out the address of the prefecture you need to contact. Usually best to check that prefecture's website - they have details of the procedure and may have a facility for you to make an appointment online.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks... went to the weblink for the Prefecture in Creteil, and what I think was the correct page for estrangers renewing their titre de séjour, but couldn'r find any place to click and view/download info re renewal application, nor to apply for an appointment online.

There were some comments about general documents, but nothing specific like when I applied at a French Consulate in the U.S.

Maybe best to go to the Prefecture early one morning, stand in line, see what happens. I've got plenty of time for snafus. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.