Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bestest friend, who is also moving to Canada, recommended this site. I have to say that it's wonderful for all those unanswered questions that knock around your head all day when you start the ball moving. I know I'll be using it alot as the visa progresses. Our situation is that my husband may fall within the Skilled worker visa, we are waiting for confirmation from canada at the moment. Thanks to all that contribute your knowledge is invaluable. Regards.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
My bestest friend, who is also moving to Canada, recommended this site. I have to say that it's wonderful for all those unanswered questions that knock around your head all day when you start the ball moving. I know I'll be using it alot as the visa progresses. Our situation is that my husband may fall within the Skilled worker visa, we are waiting for confirmation from canada at the moment. Thanks to all that contribute your knowledge is invaluable. Regards.
Hello and welcome to the site,

May I ask, what is your husband's occupation? If you know his NOC code you can go to Welcome to the National Occupational Classification and determine if he qualifies for PR status.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looking for Contacts and advice.

Thanks for replying!

My husband is an Self employed IT Consultant and he performs a number of roles matching NOC codes 0213 (Information Systems Manager) e.g. Development Manager/Lead, Team Leadership and 2171 (Information Systems Consultant). We are looking around the Vancouver and Victoria areas because we like them both! Any advice or comments are welcome.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Many thanks.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Thanks for replying!

My husband is an Self employed IT Consultant and he performs a number of roles matching NOC codes 0213 (Information Systems Manager) e.g. Development Manager/Lead, Team Leadership and 2171 (Information Systems Consultant). We are looking around the Vancouver and Victoria areas because we like them both! Any advice or comments are welcome.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Many thanks.
Well obviously your husband qualifies for PR status so you can begin your application process whenever you're ready. If he plans to continue being self-employed in Canada he may require to apply under the Self-Employed Persons Programme.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We have applied already and hopefully we will hear before Christmas whether we can proceed to the next stage. It's a guessing game until then. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.