Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping the forum can help me out...
I'm sending in the documentation to CAF to see if my family is eligible for childcare assistance. I am an EU citizen, so are my children, but wife is not. My wife is not working in France, I'm the only one employed. We moved here mid last year on a French (CDI) contract. My problem is thus:

When I fill out the "Ressources de l'annee 2012" document, it requests me to enter "salaires" for myself and my wife.

- Do I enter what I earned in France only, or do I add my gross salary from our prior country in as well?

- Do I enter what my wife earned in 2012 as well, even though it was earned while employed BEFORE we moved to France?

- Any other "astuces" regarding this process that you can share are greatly appreciated!

I assume this would all be easier had we been living in France during the entire 2012, but alas, it isn't so and thus my reaching out for help.

Thanks!

·
Banned
6,806 Posts
It's a bit of a cleft stick you're in. On the one hand, you need to prove you've been earning your way so far; on the other you don't want to over-egg it so it rules you out. Theoretically, you have to declare everything, and show proof, but .... did you do a Tax Declaration for 2012 in May this year? The CAF does receive info from the Fisc to double-check things.

I'd suggest you use the simulator on the CAF site to do the number-crunching. The chances of getting childcare assistance depend upon your family composition. If you have children under 3 and your wife is working, you may qualify, but if your wife isn't working, you'll be unlikely to get anything (unless you have sextuplets, or something!). If your wife is planning to go back to work, and it's dependent upon having childcare in place, you'll need to explain that.

btw, you're incredibly lucky to have secured a CDI - that will help - unless you're on an outrageously high salary (eg 50%+ above SMIC :eyebrows:).

hils

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hils,

Thanks for the quick reply. I did complete a tax declaration in 2012 that showed the income I made in France during the last four months we were here. I made more in our country of origin prior to our move, but those taxes were paid there and so do not show on the French return. So should I just report what was reported to the French tax authorities?

·
Banned
6,806 Posts
When you say you made a Declaration in 2012, do you mean FOR 2012, made in 2013, or IN 2012 for 2011?

It's a starting point. But be prepared if they want more info for what you were doing previously. The thing is that you have to have paid into the system for x number of hours in the previous y number of months for you to be eligible even for consideration. They keep changing the goalposts, so check it out on the CAF website.

h

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.