Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Group-members,
I am Ramesh Pandey and looking for starting Australia immigration process by self and need some help and guidance regd the same.....is there anyone who is sailing the same boat or getting it started through any consultant...then we can get started together....kindly let me know.

Thanks,
Ramesh

·
Registered
23,904 Posts
Hello Group-members,
I am Ramesh Pandey and looking for starting Australia immigration process by self and need some help and guidance regd the same.....is there anyone who is sailing the same boat or getting it started through any consultant...then we can get started together....kindly let me know.

Thanks,
Ramesh

You dont need an consultant
You can apply yourself. Its a fairly straightforward process

Just go this link carefully

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...at-1st-thing-i-should-do-12.html#post12514498

If you still have any doubts, i am sure the members will help you out

Cheers

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Query regd score

Hi All,
My score as of now is 60 (breakdown below) which makes me qualified for applying PR under visa sub class - 189 and 190...however need to ask whether one should have just the qualifying score or having a better score (70-80) improves the chances of getting invitation ?

Break down of the score -

Skilled Nominated Subclass 190 - 5 points
Age (33-39) - 25 Points
English Language Ability - 0 points ( i dont have 7 in all sections in IELTS)
Qualifications - 15 Points
Overseas Work Experience - 15 Points

My current age is 39 Years 6 Months and in next 6 months i will be of 40 and my score will reduce further.

In above scenario, i need to know whether i should take IELTS or PTE again ? If yes which one - IELTS or PTE ?

I am bit confused and want to get some guidance here from existing members.

Thanks,
Ramesh

·
Registered
23,904 Posts
Hi All,
My score as of now is 60 (breakdown below) which makes me qualified for applying PR under visa sub class - 189 and 190...however need to ask whether one should have just the qualifying score or having a better score (70-80) improves the chances of getting invitation ?

Break down of the score -

Skilled Nominated Subclass 190 - 5 points
Age (33-39) - 25 Points
English Language Ability - 0 points ( i dont have 7 in all sections in IELTS)
Qualifications - 15 Points
Overseas Work Experience - 15 Points

My current age is 39 Years 6 Months and in next 6 months i will be of 40 and my score will reduce further.

In above scenario, i need to know whether i should take IELTS or PTE again ? If yes which one - IELTS or PTE ?

I am bit confused and want to get some guidance here from existing members.

Thanks,
Ramesh

Please give your Anzsco code

Cheers

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi newbienz,
This is 261314 -Software Tester - I am working as S/W Manager currently. But my core skills have been in QA/Testing space mostly. Hence i am choosing this code.

Thanks,
Ramesh

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Try PTE and aim for 79+ in all sections. It will need min of 3 weeks of practice and familiarity with all the sections
Dear Sharma1981, do you think having an score of 60 is not good enough and i must get more points...is there a relative list based on the scores and people are called according to that list ?

·
Registered
23,904 Posts
Hi newbienz,
This is 261314 -Software Tester - I am working as S/W Manager currently. But my core skills have been in QA/Testing space mostly. Hence i am choosing this code.

Thanks,
Ramesh
To be frank the chances of getting sponsorship under 261314 are extremely low

I think the number of applicants getting sponsorship in all the states combined would not even reach double digits annually

You should explore the possibilities of getting yourselves assessed under 261313 as most of the RNR are overlapping

Moreover even under 261313 you should aim to get a minimum score of 65 to be assured of an invite under 189

Cheers

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I think the number of applicants getting sponsorship in all the states combined would not even reach double digits annually

You should explore the possibilities of getting yourselves assessed under 261313 as most of the RNR are overlapping

Moreover even under 261313 you should aim to get a minimum score of 65 to be assured of an invite under 189

Cheers
Thanks newbienz for your thoughts.....if i try to get myself assessed under 261313, dont you think my responsibilities would not reflect the exact skills that are required by the role....sorry to say but somehow this may also receive a poor feedback from ACS as they would figure it out that a person is deliberately getting him assessed under a different skill category and that might cause a negative assessment....sorry to trouble but i am new in this area yet...

getting a 65 score is possible and i will need to write PTE or IELTS again...

·
Registered
23,904 Posts
Thanks newbienz for your thoughts.....if i try to get myself assessed under 261313, dont you think my responsibilities would not reflect the exact skills that are required by the role....sorry to say but somehow this may also receive a poor feedback from ACS as they would figure it out that a person is deliberately getting him assessed under a different skill category and that might cause a negative assessment....sorry to trouble but i am new in this area yet...

getting a 65 score is possible and i will need to write PTE or IELTS again...
I am the last person to advise you to do something that is ethically wrong

If you compare both the RNR for 261313 and 261314 on ANZSCO website, you will find that they are identical

After a few years experience , testers also have to work as developers as most of the testing is now automated

That's why my initial advice.
However, if you feel 261314 is the Anzsco code which suits you best, you are the final judge

But try to improve your points, so that you have a better shot at getting sponsorship
Also prepare a strong CV for VIC as they give a lot of weightage for your skills and experience

Cheers

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Cheers
Hi there,
I have few more questions....
1- Do i need to provide self written and notarized experience letters...or just need to notarized exp letter by a senior...as per ACS site - Unnecessary documents like Resumes, High School Certificates or Self-Written Statutory Declarations
will not be assessed.

Does that mean that the exp letter signed by the senior is sufficient

2- For educational docs, do i need to take colored print-outs for these educational docs or its fine i take B/W printouts and get them certified ?

3- Do i need to take colored print out of the passport ?

Kindly help asap so that i could prepare these docs.

Thanks

·
Registered
23,904 Posts
Hi there,
I have few more questions....
1- Do i need to provide self written and notarized experience letters...or just need to notarized exp letter by a senior...as per ACS site - Unnecessary documents like Resumes, High School Certificates or Self-Written Statutory Declarations
will not be assessed.

Does that mean that the exp letter signed by the senior is sufficient

2- For educational docs, do i need to take colored print-outs for these educational docs or its fine i take B/W printouts and get them certified ?

3- Do i need to take colored print out of the passport ?

Kindly help asap so that i could prepare these docs.

Thanks
1. Please use the correct terminology to be clear.
If the company for which you are working or have worked provides you the letter on their letter head giving the designation, period , location and your RNR, it is called Reference letter. No further evidence is required
If you cannot get that then your senior has to give a statutory declaration giving the above details. The SD has to be sworn before a notary and has to be on a stamp paper, if being done in india
The SD has to be supported by a service letter or payslips etc., details of which are given on the ACS Website

2. ALl documents submitted to ACS have to be compulsory in B& W and have to be notarised
3. As above

Cheers

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1. Please use the correct terminology to be clear.
If the company for which you are working or have worked provides you the letter on their letter head giving the designation, period , location and your RNR, it is called Reference letter. No further evidence is required
If you cannot get that then your senior has to give a statutory declaration giving the above details. The SD has to be sworn before a notary and has to be on a stamp paper, if being done in india
The SD has to be supported by a service letter or payslips etc., details of which are given on the ACS Website

2. ALl documents submitted to ACS have to be compulsory in B& W and have to be notarised
3. As above

Cheers
Hello newbienz,
I got my ACS done positive and also have submitted my EOI with score 60 (under sub-section 190 as i needed 5 extra points). I am at a very boundary condition as i will cross age of 40 on 6th Jan 2018 and also dont have any score for English test PTE ( my current score - Listening -73 , Reading - 66, Speaking - 54, Writing - 81). After 6th Jan, my score will be at 50 and then i will need extra points....as you have scored 20 points for language, i need some suggestions....also do they re-calculate the points when my EOI application is picked or the points are considered as they were at the time of EOI submission. Kindly guide me in this case.

Thansk,
Ramesh

1 - 15 of 15 Posts