Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there all, Dont really know where to start but here we go. I travelled to oz september 2010 and stayed with family in beautiful mornington, Victoria. on a year working visa. I worked in my trade as a chef for the 6 months down at the t-gallant and travelled for another 3 months then came home big mistake :( . And now im looking to go back on a 457 visa if possible? Now i start from today 30/08/2012 so any advice would be grateful?:)

1, Professional resume with good cover letter payed for ready to send to hotels bars restaurants etc.

2, ????????
Any tips or advice on anything about the 457 visa would be amazing and very grateful! thank you for your time Daniel South Wales uk.

S

·
0 Posts
The CV is good, with photos of your creations. Apply for as many jobs as you can on seek, applying directly not through the seek site if possible. Google for all the restaurants suited to your style and speculatively send them your CV with a good covering letter. Australia are BIG on cover letters. If they have give a list of competencies on their advert you must address each one separately under each heading stating just how you meet it, know the information, have the skills and qualifications.

One thing I have seen work with 457 is to offer to pay the visa costs if they are reluctant. Many employers dont sponsor that many people and are wary of the process when it is in fact quite simple. They apply for nomination to be able to sponsor you. Once granted you apply for the visa. There are fees to pay for both applications. Many bigger employers and those that have sponsored before pay these costs, but if you offer up front to pay it if you can afford it they may be more willing.

Stress how you have no ties, can and want to be in Australia asap, have lived and worked as a chef there before (Australian work experience is the big thing)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you shell for reply. Do i put on cover letter willing to pay for funds do you think? And i forgot about putting on there about my girlfriend that traveled with me and now a new born baby. i understand that its going to more difficult but they are the whole reason why i wanna start a better life in Australia i have a place to stay for the first few months with aunt and uncle Australian citizens if that means anything to my application.

1,How much is the average cost for a business to sponsor a employee
2,Am i likely to get sponsor approved with girlfriend and baby?

S

·
0 Posts
Skillselect is the government system for applying for visas. You need to see what visa you qualify for, get the documents required such as skills assessment, ielts (if needed, probably not for chef) and state sponsorship if needed and make an expression of interest. You might then be invited to apply for a visa. You would also apply via this system if you have an employer willing to sponsor.

Having a spouse and child shouldn't make any difference. But do your sums, people on 457 get no state support in family or childcare benefits. So it can be very costly on a 457 if you have kids and could even hinder your wife being able to work unless the wages were high enough given it can cost $80 - $100 a day for childcare.
People on PR visas, 189 and 190 can get such benefits.

Having family in australia helps very little unless you were eligible for the last remaining relative visa, but great if you can stay with them whilst you sort yourself out because those first days/months are the hardest when trying to set yourself up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
_shel said:
Skillselect is the government system for applying for visas. You need to see what visa you qualify for, get the documents required such as skills assessment, ielts (if needed, probably not for chef) and state sponsorship if needed and make an expression of interest. You might then be invited to apply for a visa. You would also apply via this system if you have an employer willing to sponsor.

Having a spouse and child shouldn't make any difference. But do your sums, people on 457 get no state support in family or childcare benefits. So it can be very costly on a 457 if you have kids and could even hinder your wife being able to work unless the wages were high enough given it can cost $80 - $100 a day for childcare.
People on PR visas, 189 and 190 can get such benefits.

Having family in australia helps very little unless you were eligible for the last remaining relative visa, but great if you can stay with them whilst you sort yourself out because those first days/months are the hardest when trying to set yourself up.
How much would the visas cost for the employer?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi shel
I’m a chef de parti and i have worked in Australia.
My brother and his wife are Australian.
I’m currently working in Dubai and trying to get back to Australia
To my fiancé also Australian.
However i may only enter in to Australia on a permanent visa.

What would you suggest my course of action be?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi shel

Im from south africa and im looking to come to Dubai to work as a chef, i am qualified and have good experience in fining dining, I have tried so many recruitment agencies but have a had no luck ,is it possible for you to help me out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.