Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First Spouse Visa Extension - Cat A or Cat B?

Hi,

As you may know from my previous posts, all this time I mentioned that I will apply for my wife's first spousal visa extension on December 2021 under category B.

My two NHS jobs are both zero hour contracts. Non-salaried basically.

I have just found out that it may be possible to apply under Category A where I only have to show 6 months payslips and bank statements.
May I receive clarification regarding this and what is the pay calculation method under Cat A for non-salaried employment? Do UKVA caseworker use the following methods:

- Method 1: Add up weekly payslips gross payments from June 2021 to December 2021, divide by 6 and multiply by 12?

or Method 2: Take the lowest earning payslip and do the calculation from there?

My total gross June 2021 up until now so far is over £10k (due to having worked overtime - 96 hours in a week).
Applying under Cat A would make it much easier for me to gather my payslips (one of them is around £90 for the week as I took some time off) and bank statements thus less paperwork.

Is it the case that my only option is to apply under Category B?

Please let me know soon. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,617 Posts
If you have worked at both jobs for 6 months then you can use Cat A
Method 1 for non salaried.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh ok. All this time I thought I have to apply under Cat B as my two jobs are zero hour contracted so I thought I have to show 12 months income. What about one of my payslips being only around £90? I took 1 week off during that time as I have a newborn child born on August 2021. Would that affect the application?

·
Registered
7,617 Posts
You need to show that in 6 months you have been paid 9,300 GBP as per Method 1.

Reactions: barokut
1 - 5 of 5 Posts