Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have to apologize, because this is a subject already spoken, but in my case I already have doubts about it.
I'm Brazilian and work for a French company in Brazil for 2 years. I applied for a job application on the same company in France and I was chosen for the job.
I'm preparing myself to go in the end of October.
The first month, I will stay in a flat payed by my company and I will have this same month to try to rent something.
I already have, for my "Dossier de Location" :
1) Passport with Visa (I will ask for my "Carte de Sejour" as soon as get there)
2) Work contract (CDI)
3) I ask to my landlord in Brazil to send me the last 3 rent receipts in French. (I don't know if it will help me and will be accept it.)
4) My net salary is more than 3 times the value of the rent (of any appartement that I'm looking for)
5) I have a "Relevé d'Identité Bancaire"
6) An "attestation de l'employeur" telling that I work on the same company for 2 years and now will be transfered to France.

Besides all this, I will, as soon as I send a "dossier" to any landlord, make a "Garantie des Risques Locatifs" to help me.

Since I won't have any French payslips, do you think that should be possible rent something without have to block a year of deposit ?

Also, do you think that could be accepted, my Brazilian payslips, but with a French sworn translation of them ?

Really thanks for any help.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hi,

Would have thought you would be OK, although yours is a 'non-standard' case so not all landlords will accept it. One thing is that landlords will want to make sure that the contract is direct with you and not your employer as companies are notoriously difficult to deal with and to sue if necessary

It's good that you seem well organised and have the attestation d'employeur and existing rent & pay slips (definitely need french translations - but can do this via a translator in France if the landlord in Brazil won't help). If the employer is paying extra for rent then it's good if they mention that on the attestation

Will the employer get an 'inpatriation agency' to help source apartments etc and to sort out the contracts with utilities etc ? .... the landlords like it when they do as it creates a good image

Lastly try to find a rental agency who will help in your non-standard situation. It is the agent who deals with the landlord and they can make a difference

Good luck !

Best, Rick

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Would have thought you would be OK, although yours is a 'non-standard' case so not all landlords will accept it. One thing is that landlords will want to make sure that the contract is direct with you and not your employer as companies are notoriously difficult to deal with and to sue if necessary

It's good that you seem well organised and have the attestation d'employeur and existing rent & pay slips (definitely need french translations - but can do this via a translator in France if the landlord in Brazil won't help). If the employer is paying extra for rent then it's good if they mention that on the attestation

Will the employer get an 'inpatriation agency' to help source apartments etc and to sort out the contracts with utilities etc ? .... the landlords like it when they do as it creates a good image

Lastly try to find a rental agency who will help in your non-standard situation. It is the agent who deals with the landlord and they can make a difference

Good luck !

Best, Rick
Thanks a lot for your help.

Unfortunately, my company is dealing with my situation personally and there is no 'inpatriation agency'.

My main problem is that getting help from Real Estate in France seems like hell, because I didn't had any help even with information.

Everytime I asked something, when they saw that I'm not French the answer is always short and with no meaning at all.

I post this same question in a French forum before, and the answer was "You have to check with your inpatriation responsable"...

My HR consultant took 5 months just to prepare the documentation needed to release my visa and, as you people told in a lot of posts here, in France, things tend to be slow, and I agree with this.

I have a list of 20 apartments that I liked and at least 5 on PAP. I will try to deal with agency and landlords and see what happens. Try to find anyone who will understand my situation.

In the worse case I will stay 2 months in an apartement "meublé" until get 3 payslips. The problem with this is that I really want to buy "MY" house goods. I won't take nothing with me from Brazil and will start from scratch there. "New place, new life". :)

By the way, the contract will be with me. My company was clear on that point that won't help me to rent anything. I have to deal with this by myself.

I have money saved for :
- "Dêpot de Garantie",
- "Honoraires d'Agence",
- The first "Loyer",
- The "Assurance d'Habitation",
- EDF / GDF / Orange connect charges,
- "Taxe d'Habitation", --> Thank you people, because I didn't know that had to pay this and saw it this week on the forum... and is damn expensive OMG <--
- To make the "Garantie des Risques Locatifs"

And that's it... the rest of my saved money is to buy house goods and pay "Alliance Française " for my teenage daughter by the time she will stay at home, waiting the school year start again.

Really thanks for the help.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Agree it's not easy if you're not French and also in your situation trying to deal with it at a distance doesn't work so well. Many agents don't like dealing with email and also aren't very good at updating websites, so they often show apartments that aren't actually available any more, and don't show the newer, more interesting places

It will be much better when you're in France and able to call in at agents in person face-to-face and go to see apartments as soon as they become available. Where will you be working and do you know where you're looking to live ?

Best, Rick

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Agree it's not easy if you're not French and also in your situation trying to deal with it at a distance doesn't work so well. Many agents don't like dealing with email and also aren't very good at updating websites, so they often show apartments that aren't actually available any more, and don't show the newer, more interesting places

It will be much better when you're in France and able to call in at agents in person face-to-face and go to see apartments as soon as they become available. Where will you be working and do you know where you're looking to live ?

Best, Rick
I will work on Colombes and I will try to rent something on Colombes, Courbevoie, Puteaux, Nanterre, Asnières-sur-Seine or Argenteuil. The most important thing is to be near by any Traim, Metro or RER.

Today I live 25 Km from my work (with bus access only). In France, being at least 5-7Km near at any of the transports above, will be perfect.

·
Registered
32 Posts
the French dont tend to answer questions willingly..they consider it rude to give out information thats not asked for as it imparts a lack of intelligence on the part of the other person.
Ask as many questions as you want answers for and dont expect embelishments

·
Registered
629 Posts
Good luck and you'll need it I'm afraid :(

Any French landlord will want French documents in the form of French payslips, guaranteed income or all rent paid in advance (this is complicated but can be explained by a notaire - your money is deposited plus on top you have to pay your monthly rent and the difference (if any by unpaid rent) in full when you leave.)

Other than that your only other option is a French resident guarantor who will have to provide avis d’impôt plus all other proof of income, here, declared in France. This scenario is becoming rarerly appeptable because people can give, for example, their parents' details to act as guarantor but if they leave France there is no comeback on them so it's no longer of any use to the landlord.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.