Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!
I am a British national and married my Australian partner in the U.K. after he was granted a fiancé visa. Next week he will attend his first premium appointment to get the first flm(r) visa and I have a few questions I hope you can help.

1) as the sponsor, must I attend the appointment?

2) does he need to take my passport or is photocopy ok, should it be certified copy?

3) he never received a BRP when he entered on a fiancé visa, is this normal?!

4) we have proof that we lived together since he arrived in U.K. less that than 6 months ago, do we need to provide anything from before this, i.e. From before the fiancé visa was granted and he was living overseas ?

Any advice is much appreciated as I feel sick to my stomach with all this preparation and worriying.

Thank you

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
Hi all!
I am a British national and married my Australian partner in the U.K. after he was granted a fiancé visa. Next week he will attend his first premium appointment to get the first flm(r) visa and I have a few questions I hope you can help.

1) as the sponsor, must I attend the appointment?

2) does he need to take my passport or is photocopy ok, should it be certified copy?
You are expected to attend in case there are any questions (which is rare). If you can't attend for a valid reason you are expected to be reachable by phone.
3) he never received a BRP when he entered on a fiancé visa, is this normal?!
BRPs are only issued for visas in excess of 6 months so no, he wouldn't have a BRP.

4) we have proof that we lived together since he arrived in U.K. less that than 6 months ago, do we need to provide anything from before this, i.e. From before the fiancé visa was granted and he was living overseas ?
You really aren't expected to have much evidence of living together whilst on a fiance visa but if you have a few things, that's great. You don't need anything from before.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello , me and my wife married December whilst she is on fiance visa here in UK , we are now moving on to apply for her next visa , she's Russian can so so e clarify a few things , firstly what is it I keep seeing flm(r) but also see others which one is ours and also can you add a link where to get it , also as were on fiance visa we haven't got any evidence of living together I.e bills because we still live with parents , and she is not allowed to work on this visa (fiance) , could someone point us in right direction , much appreciated , sorry if it's in a wrong discussion :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.