Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Recently got my 175 visa approved and planning to arrive in Australia in month of July 2012. I am mechanical engineer by profession and having experience in plant maintenance and operations. Can anyone please advise :-

1. Which state / city is best to move in where i can find a startup job to survive ?

2. I understand that after arrival i have to get TFN, Medicare and centrelink registration done, could you please share the cost associated with all this?

3. On an average how many months to get a job of my professional experience? Any good recruiters that can be suggested?

4. Where i can i get my overseas experience recognized? cost associated with this & does it really help or do employers mostly ask for local experience?

Being a first timer having lot of questions to ask , hoping to get positive replies from all.

Regards,

PRS
=====================================================
start date = July 2009 ,
skill Assesment approved = July 2010 ( got delayed due to late submission from my side and subsequent delays due to elections etc in Australia etc)
SA SS sponsorship applied & approved = August 2011
Rewritten IELTS for subclass 175 ,overall band 7.5 = dec 2011
Case applied = dec 21 2011
Visa granted = 18 May 2012
Arriving to Australia = July 2012

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hello everyone,

Recently got my 175 visa approved and planning to arrive in Australia in month of July 2012. I am mechanical engineer by profession and having experience in plant maintenance and operations. Can anyone please advise :-

1. Which state / city is best to move in where i can find a startup job to survive ?

2. I understand that after arrival i have to get TFN, Medicare and centrelink registration done, could you please share the cost associated with all this?

3. On an average how many months to get a job of my professional experience? Any good recruiters that can be suggested?

4. Where i can i get my overseas experience recognized? cost associated with this & does it really help or do employers mostly ask for local experience?

Being a first timer having lot of questions to ask , hoping to get positive replies from all.

Regards,

PRS
start date = July 2009 ,
skill Assesment approved = July 2010 ( got delayed due to late submission from my side and subsequent delays due to elections etc in Australia etc)
Arriving to Australia = July 2012
1. Which state / city is best to move in where i can find a start up job to survive ?
I think Perth is the place to go for mechanical engineers but there is a lot of demand for the job in most states, another location will be Brisbane. I have friends in mechanical fields in both states. My husband is a mechanical engineer too. He got a job within a few weeks of arrival. I think he was lucky too. If you are planning to come in July you have to understand that it will be the end of the financial year in most states and they don't usually hire during that time. I came to melbourne in May n i struggled to find a job for about 5 months, I'm in the IT field. You should try seek.com.au or mycareers website. the saturday newspaper, THE Age as the most job vacancies.

You do not have to pay anything to get registered for any of the above mentioned. You can get your TFN online and need to walk in to a medicare/centrelink office to register yourself.

I don't really have any idea about the other 2 questions you have. I am sure they will be others who will respond to your query. All the best!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a ton for your reply !!!

As my existing work contract with company in Dubai is getting over in July , have no other option to return to my hometown in India or move to Australia, i think i will take the chances and move to Australia as i can go back to India anytime and find a suitable work there.

If we opt to study management course like MBA ( part time ). Do government provide any subsidy on such courses for people on PR ??

Cheers !!

PRS

·
Registered
1,365 Posts

since you are a mech. engg; Engineers Australia will probably certify your overseas experience..Check the website... ...:)

start date = July 2009 ,
Arriving to Australia = July 2012[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks a ton for your reply !!!

As my existing work contract with company in Dubai is getting over in July , have no other option to return to my hometown in India or move to Australia, i think i will take the chances and move to Australia as i can go back to India anytime and find a suitable work there.

If we opt to study management course like MBA ( part time ). Do government provide any subsidy on such courses for people on PR ??

Cheers !!

PRS

PRs pay normal fees for courses, we are not eligible for the loans that available to the locals for the 1st 2 years of our residency. It will still be cheaper than enrolling as a foreign student.

G

·
Government loans for studying are only available to citizens. PR pay local fees and might get a commonwealth supported place meaning fees will be a little lower but not everyone or every course can get them. Centerlink payments for studying are not available to PR for E years and not available at MA level anyway.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got OZ PR and want apply for MBA in Australia

Hi, I have got my OZ PR and I have not done entry in Australia yet. I do not want to go to Aus for job but want to study first there. I want to do MBA and take admission in any of top 10 MBA colleges then jump in the Job market there. Is it possible to to apply for OZ MBA while sitting in India (also without doing any entry in Australia till now.)? My intention is to do first entry when I have admission confirmation for MBA college. Also Please advise on Job prospects for MBA graduate having 8+ years of work experience. Please advise.. Thanks..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.