Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Topic
Some people believe that teaching children at home is best for a child’s development while others think that it is important for children to go to school.
Discuss the advantages of both methods and give your own opinion.
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
Word Count Required: 250

It is true that more people are teaching their children at home these days, I believe that attending formal education at school has numerous advantages over home-education.

One key merit of formal school education is the role of structured education in child’s academic development. Children at school have access to a wide array of disciplines tutored by qualified experts. This multi-disciplinary approach delivered in classroom not just grooms cognitive ability in early years, but also inculcates the value of discipline in children. Another critical advantage of formal education is social development of children through extra-curricular activities with other children including games, competitions, and school concerts. For instance, a child performing in a school play with other children may develop an interest in performance arts and adopt a career in it.

While school-going children can avail the benefits of home-schooling, home-schooled children may not be able to develop certain skills such as teamwork, competitiveness, and social confidence. A critical advantage of home-schooling is personalized focus to children that may not be possible through school education. It is proven by research on child education that children who receive personal attention from parents on academic and curricular activities learn quicker. An illustration is a mother’s personalized way of teaching by identifying the child’s likes and dislikes.

In my opinion, the benefits of a formal education by means of developing confidence, competitiveness, multi-disciplinary skills outweigh the merits of a focused home-based schooling in the age of technology which demands quick problem-solving and analytical skills.

Notes:
- It was written under timed condition.
-During typing my essay, I realized the word count is exactly 250 words. On the paper, it looked way more than that.
- I observed some grammatical and structural issues.
- Appreciate if experts could provide an expected band.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Topic
Some people believe that teaching children at home is best for a child’s development while others think that it is important for children to go to school.
Discuss the advantages of both methods and give your own opinion.
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
Word Count Required: 250

It is true that more people are teaching their children at home these days, I believe that attending formal education at school has numerous advantages over home-education.

One key merit of formal school education is the role of structured education in child’s academic development. Children at school have access to a wide array of disciplines tutored by qualified experts. This multi-disciplinary approach delivered in classroom not just grooms cognitive ability in early years, but also inculcates the value of discipline in children. Another critical advantage of formal education is social development of children through extra-curricular activities with other children including games, competitions, and school concerts. For instance, a child performing in a school play with other children may develop an interest in performance arts and adopt a career in it.

While school-going children can avail the benefits of home-schooling, home-schooled children may not be able to develop certain skills such as teamwork, competitiveness, and social confidence. A critical advantage of home-schooling is personalized focus to children that may not be possible through school education. It is proven by research on child education that children who receive personal attention from parents on academic and curricular activities learn quicker. An illustration is a mother’s personalized way of teaching by identifying the child’s likes and dislikes.

In my opinion, the benefits of a formal education by means of developing confidence, competitiveness, multi-disciplinary skills outweigh the merits of a focused home-based schooling in the age of technology which demands quick problem-solving and analytical skills.

Notes:
- It was written under timed condition.
-During typing my essay, I realized the word count is exactly 250 words. On the paper, it looked way more than that.
- I observed some grammatical and structural issues.
- Appreciate if experts could provide an expected band.
-
Well, Speaking and writing are subjective to invagilator's biasness so it is hard to predict the score. But I believe that you should either get 7.0 or 7.5 band score.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts