Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any one give me up-to-date information on the forest fires raging around La Mareina, Ojen, Baranco Blanco in the areas of Mijas in Malaga province? The wind seems to be blowing from the northwest at the moment.

Message timed at 10pm on Thursday 30th Aug. 2012.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
I've heard that its heading towards Mijas costa from Alhaurin - Coin!!! I've a good few friends in that area and they're all commenting and posting photos on facebook at the moment - looks and sounds bad!!!

jo xxxx

·
Administrator
36,766 Posts
I've heard that its heading towards Mijas costa from Alhaurin - Coin!!! I've a good few friends in that area and they're all commenting on facebook at the moment - sounds bad!!!

jo xxxx
I've just seen on FB that they are needing help evacuating animals somewhere near Coin

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
I've just seen on FB that they are needing help evacuating animals somewhere near Coin
I have a friend who has a stables near there, apparently several houses have been burnt down - its scary and seems to be out of control

Jo xxx

·
Registered
868 Posts
Its raging south of Valtocoto towards Mijas Golf and el coto areas. These area's have a lot of housing and this wind is pushing the fire south west very fast

·
Administrator
36,766 Posts
I have a friend who has a stables near there, apparently several houses have been burnt down - its scary and seems to be out of control

Jo xxx
& we have a downpour - first proper rain since Easter really

·
Administrator
36,766 Posts
Is there any website we can keep an eye on what's happening? like a Spanish MetOffice?

Cal
the Spanish Met office is AEMET - it doesn't have info about fires though

I just googled 'incendios mijas'

Un gran incendio forestal afecta a la Sierra Negra, entre Coín y Mijas | Andalucía | EL PAÍS

Desalojadas varias viviendas por el incendio de Coín

Desalojadas varias viviendas por el incendio de Coín, que se prevé que siga vivo durante toda la noche - 20minutos.es

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, ACE Charity is a dog rescue group that have hundreds of dogs and desperately need evacutation options. So people that live around there that could house a few dogs...please let them now.

You can find them on Facebook 'ace charity'

or their url ace-charity dot org

·
Registered
868 Posts
Just some facebook updates from friends in the area,

Mijas Town hall are currently evacuating the Vantage point area, people are been accomadated at the hipodrome and La Cala Sports centre
This seems urgent...can everyone please share...
RGENT: please anyone. cars with the dogs are coming down to the picnic ground at Mijas Golf just past the Tamisa Golf Hotel. We need cars to take the dogs to Cat and Dog World at Alhaurin. The cars will then drive back up the dry river bed to collect more dogs . please help. please NOW
Several houses have been destroyed between Barranco Blanco and Puerto de los Pescadores

·
Registered
868 Posts
Police are closing roads around Mijas Golf, meeting point for collecting dogs has moved to Tamisa Golf hotel to Hole 19 bar

more online here aopinióndemalaga.es

·
Registered
868 Posts
Los Entrerrios and Atalya are been evacuated, the fire is now also spreading into the Ojen area from Los Entrerrios as well as towards the coast

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
From facebook a few mins ago
The wind seems to be sending the fire back down towards the coast. My thoughts are with all those in its path.
It seems out of control!

Jo xxx

1 - 20 of 88 Posts