Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Folks

An English man called Mark was found badly burned after the fires, he is around 40 years old & he barely survived.

He was picked up by an ambulance from Seia & is now in Coimbra Hospital.

Can anyone help identify him please?

Please feel free to share this post anywhere you like.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Folks

An English man called Mark was found badly burned after the fires, he is around 40 years old & he barely survived.

He was picked up by an ambulance from Seia & is now in Coimbra Hospital.

Can anyone help identify him please?

Please feel free to share this post anywhere you like.
TM I have contacted a friend in the UK who has a very large following on Facebook and Twitter and asked her to help out. Please let me know if you hear any updates from your end and I'll do likewise.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TM I have contacted a friend in the UK who has a very large following on Facebook and Twitter and asked her to help out. Please let me know if you hear any updates from your end and I'll do likewise.
Thanks meu amigo....... will do.

My guess is he's either new to the area or travelling through it but am told he's badly burned (hence no photo), blind (not sure if that's permanent or not) & (presumably) unable to communicate........ :(

I'm only getting the info 2nd hand so am not 100% on how accurate the details are.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Thanks meu amigo....... will do.

My guess is he's either new to the area or travelling through it but am told he's badly burned (hence no photo), blind (not sure if that's permanent or not) & (presumably) unable to communicate........ :(

I'm only getting the info 2nd hand so am not 100% on how accurate the details are.
I've just received a message from the UK to say he had now been identified. I'm waiting for more info.

·
Registered
858 Posts
any further news JB?
I'm afraid not Siobhán. I asked a relative to get it out there and she posted it on Facebook. Within minutes she came back to me to say that somebody else had already posted and that the chap had been identified. I asked for more details and this morning she has replied to say that all that was said was that he had been identified now.

I have no idea how to use Facebook. For the rest of you that do, can someone do a search to find that particular post. Can you even search it like you do a Google search? I'm clueless when it comes to social media! :confused:

If the poor chap has relatives or friends who are here, being in Coimbra I am able to offer any support that they may need.

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
I'm afraid not Siobhán. I asked a relative to get it out there and she posted it on Facebook. Within minutes she came back to me to say that somebody else had already posted and that the chap had been identified. I asked for more details and this morning she has replied to say that all that was said was that he had been identified now.

I have no idea how to use Facebook. For the rest of you that do, can someone do a search to find that particular post. Can you even search it like you do a Google search? I'm clueless when it comes to social media! :confused:

If the poor chap has relatives or friends who are here, being in Coimbra I am able to offer any support that they may need.
Mark comes from Quinta Chao de Homen on border of Oliver's. Neighbours are caring for dogs and a friend has been found. Safe Communities Portugal are aware and ready to liase with British Consulate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts