Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody, I am hoping that somebody on this site will be able to assist me with information on what type of skill visa I would be able to apply to TRA under with the most likely success in emigrating to Oz?

I started my career as an Apprentice Electrician where I gained City & Guilds 236 Electrical Installation Parts 1 & 2 and AM1, I did not complete AM2. I was in my apprenticeship for 3 years.

Since then I have worked as a Fire & Security Engineer for the past 15 years/ 2 in a supervisory capacity, gaining Fire Industry Association Parts 1, 2 & 3 and JIB Electrical Technical Skills Gold Card.

My day to day role involves installation, maintenance, commissioning and fault finding of analogue addressable fire alarms, pc based access control systems, intruder alarms, cctv and general electrical installation. My current position is as a Fire Qualifying Manager and I am responsible for certification of fire systems, commissioning, verification and fire design systems, managing staff on site.

I work in commercial, domestic and industrial sectors.

I think that my job could possibly fit into either category of General Electrician or Electrician Special Class in many respects but am not sure if my limited electrical qualifications will prevent me from passing even though I have so much experience in my field.

I would be really grateful if anybody could tell me whether this is assessed on fitting into the task roles under the classification or what official qualifications would be required. Thanks so much for your assistance!! :):):)

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Hi there,

Welcome to the forum.

First off, have a look at the stickies at the top of the forum page, there's loads of info there to get you started.

What you need to do is find out if your skills are in demand and if you have enough points to apply for a visa. Look at the "thinking of emigrating?" sticky for more details.

If you look here Electrician (General) 4311-11 - Australian Skills Recognition Information, for example, these are the requirements for a general electrician, points needed and the skills assessing body.

Once you've worked out skills/points etc, come back with any queries you may have.

Dolly

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys.
My name is Carmine i'm 29 and I m going to Australia next December with a WHV.
I have the same problem of Jason, i m a freelance professional and my work from five year is installation, maintenance,repair of access control systems, intruder alarms, cctv for the past five year.In the case where i ll ask for a skilled visa taking the limits of electrical qualifications.
Which is the right category to choose?
Jason did you find a solution?

Thanks a lot

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello everyone!

Was somebody able to assess through TRA your knowledge without the apprenticeship diploma? I'm in the same situation as you and I want to know what you did to get that assessment.

Please!!! Somebody help me!!!!

Thanks in advance!!

Nicko

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.