Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Might I suggest that anyone who is replacing items damaged by the fire that rather than simply chuck out the old item or tuck it away in a corner of the garage, they rather either leave it on the road or even better ask your neighbours if anyone close by can recycle it for themselves…….. For example, a double glazed window unit with the outside pane broken might be of no use to you but it’s a better window than no window for someone that has no windows left at all.

Also, if you need relatively simple jobs done such as fences & posts replaced ask if anyone in your area has lost their income or business because of the fire & have them do it for you if you can.

The Portuguese people have been immensely supportive to everyone in the affected communities & it’d be nice if we can return the kindness rather than simply pay a larger company to do these jobs if we can.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi TM

Great idea,

I take you don't need sheep at the moment?

Krystyna
I really do need a couple of sheep or goats in the longer term but all my fencing & grass has burned so I need to wait at least until I can get fences fixed & grass regrown. :(

I'd also dearly love to get some more Muscovy & Indian Runner ducks as well but the same problem applies & I also need to replace the duck houses as well as they burned along with everything else outside.

Ah well........ At least we're alive so luckier than many in my village. :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts