Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,544 Posts
I was afraid it was only a matter of time before some idiot decided it would be a good idea to retaliate. The problem in this will only make matters worse and those hurt and killed are more than likely innocent muslims.
I fear there is worse to come.:(

·
Registered
452 Posts
So much for those who would like to think that horrific acts like this have something to do with 'culture' or 'religion'. No. It's about the small number of humans of all creeds who are full of anger and hate, for whom others are beneath them, versus those who feel compassion and kindness towards their fellow people.

Unfortunately, the former at the moment are waging war randomly in the streets against the latter. But the good news is, most people are in the latter group. There are far more of them.

Glad to see that this is being treated exactly the same as any other terror attack in the UK, although I note that Trump is yet to tweet his sympathies to the British people, or blame the Mayor of London this time.

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
I was glad to hear the police spokesman on the news this morning thank the bystanders who detained the suspect until the police got there and praise their commendable restraint under the circumstances.

·
Administrator
36,510 Posts
You are not alone. This attack has a horrible feeling of inevitability about it, but none the less shocking for that.
I was afraid it was only a matter of time before some idiot decided it would be a good idea to retaliate. The problem in this will only make matters worse and those hurt and killed are more than likely innocent muslims.
I fear there is worse to come.:(
Yes it was horribly predictable :(

I've heard one report that the driver was heard to say ''I've done my bit''.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts