Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just spent a not inconsiderable time in the kitchen preparing lunch for me and the love of my life. I drew on all past experiences and advice received by numerable chefs I have worked with down the years. I also allowed my natural talent for creating fine cuisine to permeate into the culinary proceedings.
Mrs H informed me that my "Beans on jacket potato...interspaced with delicate splodges of HP sauce " was of Michelin standard. I feel so proud, my chest is heaving.
Does anyone else have special meals that they create and have their trademark "signature" ?

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
My kids love it when I cook a proper "fry-up" a good old fashioned english breakfast with sausages, bacon, eggs, mushrooms tomatoes And as a special treat fried bread!!! Cos I follow the Atkins diet we're allowed fried food, cos its not bad for you!!!!

Jo xxx

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My kids love it when I cook a proper "fry-up" a good old fashioned english breakfast with sausages, bacon, eggs, mushrooms tomatoes And as a special treat fried bread!!! Cos I follow the Atkins diet we'rer allowed fried food, cos its not bad for you!!!!

Jo xxx
Is that the same Dr. Robert Atkins that died of a heart attack in 2002 ?:D:D:D

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Is that the same Dr. Robert Atkins that died of a heart attack in 2002 ?:D:D:D

No, that must have been a different one, Dr Atkins who deviced the diet was a cardiologist who died when he slipped on ice in NewYork!! :D:D I think the lady who invented slimmingworld has serious heart and weight problems tho??

Trust me, the Atkins diet has totally transformed my life, before I started it 7 years ago I was an 18stone lump with type 2 diabetes, excema, arthritus and IBS

Jo xxx

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, that must have been a different one, Dr Atkins who deviced the diet was a cardiologist who died when he slipped on ice in NewYork!! :D:D I think the lady who invented slimmingworld has serious heart and weight problems tho??

Trust me, the Atkins diet has totally transformed my life, before I started it 7 years ago I was an 18stone lump with type 2 diabetes, excema, arthritus and IBS

Jo xxx
I was only kidding...I know the true facts....but all the same..well done Jo..if your pic is anything to go by...terrific !!:cheer2::banplease::hungry:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I have had the pleasure of meeting Jo in the flesh so to speak! lol and she truly is scrummy lovely and healthy! :love:

:focus: Yes, well I have the habit of baking for therapy! it makes me feel calm and relaxed and I love getting my elbows into a bowl of flour and fat!!! therefore my signature dishes are meat and potatoe pies! when I have a pie fest my OH goes into raptures! he loves ´´em .... but given his cholestrol levels and mild stroke a couple of years ago I do limit his consumption! .... also he has a childhood craving for home made cheese straws! so when Im feeling particularly wifey I get the mixing bowl out and make him a batch! I know how to look after a man! lol

Sue xx :spit::spit:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have had the pleasure of meeting Jo in the flesh so to speak! lol and she truly is scrummy lovely and healthy! :love:

:focus: Yes, well I have the habit of baking for therapy! it makes me feel calm and relaxed and I love getting my elbows into a bowl of flour and fat!!! therefore my signature dishes are meat and potatoe pies! when I have a pie fest my OH goes into raptures! he loves ´´em .... but given his cholestrol levels and mild stroke a couple of years ago I do limit his consumption! .... also he has a childhood craving for home made cheese straws! so when Im feeling particularly wifey I get the mixing bowl out and make him a batch! I know how to look after a man! lol

Sue xx :spit::spit:

Oh...I love to get my hands amongst loads of fat too...one of the reasons I married Mrs H..:D:focus:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Oh...I love to get my hands amongst loads of fat too...one of the reasons I married Mrs H..:D:focus:
:cheer2::cheer2::lol::lol::lol::lol: but we know she is still the love of your life! you told us earlier!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I can't boil an egg....anyway it's a woman's job!

Unfortunately neither wife that I've had has been able to boil an egg either!
so the way to your heart isnt through your stomach then Xtreme ;) ..... did you marry them because they had a love of donkeys then ?? they must have appealed to you at some point before you took the plunge! :D:D

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
God knows Sue.....it was pitch black behind that chip shop!
:love::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::love: thats it end my day by making me laugh! x

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I can't boil an egg....anyway it's a woman's job!

Unfortunately neither wife that I've had has been able to boil an egg either!
That's OK...neither can Mrs H....just avoid eggs. !!;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
I make a lovely Chicken casserole!! I make it during the summer also. It makes me feel healthy when I have it and it is on my favourite dinner list!!
Yum Jojo, a fry up!! Just cant get the Irish sausages though!!! Hmm maybe on Saturday ill go into Barcelona and get a fry up in the Irish bar...... hmm now theres a thought!! And when I feel guilty ill blame you Jojo!! :eek:)

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
I make a lovely Chicken casserole!! I make it during the summer also. It makes me feel healthy when I have it and it is on my favourite dinner list!!
Yum Jojo, a fry up!! Just cant get the Irish sausages though!!! Hmm maybe on Saturday ill go into Barcelona and get a fry up in the Irish bar...... hmm now theres a thought!! And when I feel guilty ill blame you Jojo!! :eek:)
You go for it!!!!! Save the guilt and diet for monday!! :D

Jo xxxx

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.