Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I know there will be many different opinions on this matter and I understand that i will need to come to many areas of spain to see for myself. As there are loads of areas and towns i am trying to narrow down my search to make it easier for myself when i am trying to find what i am looking for. My plan is to visit and take a look at different villages over the next year. once i find what i am looking fo rthen i will rent for a year to see if this is what suits me and my family best.
I wold like a place which is close to an international school, quiet ( away from holiday makers), low in any sort of crime, within an hours drive to an airport as i am a frequent flyer due to my work, mixed nationalilties, lots of things for young children to do (sports etc,)
Can i please have some help on this and as i say everyone has there own opinions and i would need to see for myself at least this will give me a start on where to look. much appriciated for you time.
tahnk you:ranger:

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Hi there,

I know there will be many different opinions on this matter and I understand that i will need to come to many areas of spain to see for myself. As there are loads of areas and towns i am trying to narrow down my search to make it easier for myself when i am trying to find what i am looking for. My plan is to visit and take a look at different villages over the next year. once i find what i am looking fo rthen i will rent for a year to see if this is what suits me and my family best.
I wold like a place which is close to an international school, quiet ( away from holiday makers), low in any sort of crime, within an hours drive to an airport as i am a frequent flyer due to my work, mixed nationalilties, lots of things for young children to do (sports etc,)
Can i please have some help on this and as i say everyone has there own opinions and i would need to see for myself at least this will give me a start on where to look. much appriciated for you time.

My area fits that bill!!! When we were looking we went on google earth and we looked for all the things we had to have, like you near a good airport (Malaga), near a good international school (sunlands Cartama) and not too far from the sea (Torremolinos 10mins). We also hoped that my husbband would get work in Marbella as he has some business colleagues there, but as you get towards Marbella it gets expensive. Anyway, we looked on google earth and found the area where we are now. We came over and visited and narrowed it down further. Then we went to some agents and had a looke at properties... and here we are!!!

We chose the school cos we phoned a few up, looked at their websites and visited a couple. WQe felt Sunlands was the best for our kids needs and personalitiies and it hasnt dissappointed us, the kids love it, however,paying for it is another matter :eek::eek::eek:

Jo xx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My area fits that bill!!! When we were looking we went on google earth and we looked for all the things we had to have, like you near a good airport (Malaga), near a good international school (sunlands Cartama) and not too far from the sea (Torremolinos 10mins). We also hoped that my husbband would get work in Marbella as he has some business colleagues there, but as you get towards Marbella it gets expensive. Anyway, we looked on google earth and found the area where we are now. We came over and visited and narrowed it down further. Then we went to some agents and had a looke at properties... and here we are!!!

We chose the school cos we phoned a few up, looked at their websites and visited a couple. WQe felt Sunlands was the best for our kids needs and personalitiies and it hasnt dissappointed us, the kids love it, however,paying for it is another matter :eek::eek::eek:

Jo xx

Thanks for your speedy reply Jo,
It gives me an idea where to start looking at least i have a few freinds around the malaga area at present. I think i will be best to come out and view the location. its appriciated for your time. one other thin who would be the best bank to bank with also. I have a huge list of questions needing ansewred i will post them on this web when i can. once again thankx
Marc

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Thanks for your speedy reply Jo,
It gives me an idea where to start looking at least i have a few freinds around the malaga area at present. I think i will be best to come out and view the location. its appriciated for your time. one other thin who would be the best bank to bank with also. I have a huge list of questions needing ansewred i will post them on this web when i can. once again thankx
Marc
I use Sol bank, but like banks in the UK they're are some and some!? One thing I found annoying is that unless you use your own bank group, you have to pay to use ATMs and sometimes I find I'm driving or walking around to find a "sol bank" cashpoint cos I begrudge paying 4€s or whatever! But it depends whats important to you and how you use the bank

Jo xxx

·
Registered
3 Posts
Surrounding towns around Alicante City, such as Campello, Coveta Fuma, Bonalba, San Juan, Gran Alacant, Castalla, Busot are all great places to live. Google them or PM me for further information. I have lived in the area for over 9 years and love it!

Hi there,

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Surrounding towns around Alicante City, such as Campello, Coveta Fuma, Bonalba, San Juan, Gran Alacant, Castalla, Busot are all great places to live.
Google them or PM me for further information
. I have lived in the area for over 9 years and love it!
Hi Alicanteman

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your input ..... just a heads up, we try to use the PM only for passing personal info etc - as we would rather all other conversations take place on the open forum so that we can all chip in and share the info, advice and help .... plus it means the any newcomers can check out old or existing posts and read up on whats been said.......if we share that via PM there would be no one on the forum !! :D:D:D

Thanks again and always nice to see new faces on here...

Sue :ranger:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Jo xx

Hi Jo, What area do you live again... Thanks Lynda

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Surrounding towns around Alicante City, such as Campello, Coveta Fuma, Bonalba, San Juan, Gran Alacant, Castalla, Busot are all great places to live. Google them or PM me for further information. I have lived in the area for over 9 years and love it!
Hi Alicanteman, Can you give me a little insight of these areas and let me know what each area is like please.. Thanks Lynda

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.