Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm about to have an interview with a prospective employer in Dubai. I'd like to do some research on the company (more than just on their website), so I was wondering if anyone can suggest places where information can be found on companies (eg turnover, profit etc).

Thanks for your help!

J

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Good luck with that. What I have found is that many of the companies and businesses here like to keep everything under wraps/in the shadows.... a lot of shady and questionable business practices here in the UAE. Stick to a large multi-national and even better if they are a publicly traded company that way the information is everywhere.... for the smaller outfits (especially the local run companies), you won't see a lot of bad press being published since if you speak ill or have any bad reputation it might land you in jail or in other kind of trouble.

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
If its a private UAE company (as opposed to a private US/UK company with a branch in UAE), good luck with that. There are no data services to provide information on such companies.
Your best bet would be to speak to someone in the UAE and in the industry to get an idea. Or, ask to be put in touch with someone at the same level as you in a company to have an informal chat. Otherwise, LinkedIn is your friend to get in touch with current/past employees of the company. No other "standard" way

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi guys, thanks for the input, but It makes my life a bit harder!

The company is a LLC and is a legit company that represents worldwide brands, so am not worried about its legitamacy, but I still need to find out more information on it.

I'll give linked in a try and google also.

Are there any other places that LLCs have to publish any figures?

Thanks,
J

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
Are there any other places that LLCs have to publish any figures?
I don't have first hand knowledge about LLCs, but some of our companies' investments are channeled through free zone companies which have absolutely no requirements on reporting.
I don't expect LLCs to have reporting requirements either, and even in the remote chance that they have to, they would not be available online.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Reporting requirements are only for publicly traded companies and/or companies that are looking to go public. All other companies are not obligated to report any financial data. If they aren't required to report any of that data, then chances are they are not going to publish any bad press.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for that info rsinner- I guess it was too much to hope that the rules in UAE are similar to the UK where even private limited companies have to file accounts which can be bought online to view by anyone, for just £1!

Back to our trusted friend the internet to find what little information there is out there...

J

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.