Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey expats..

Hope everything is good with all of you. Hope everybody here gets what they are striving for.

Now, my case. I am finding myself in a rather difficult situation as of now.

I recently got my qualifications assessed and got a positive assessment result from engineers australia as a civil engineer. I have my 15 points there.
I am currently 23, will be 24 in a month. I will have my 25 points there.
I currently have my ielts score as (L-8, R-9, S-8, W-7) which is 10 points.
I have a total of 50 points right now.

To get 60 points, I need to get 8 in each for IELTS or 79 in each for PTE and then get 10 more points. That will give me 60 points.

The dillemma is whether give PTE and try to score 8 in each band and try for 189/190. Or should I just file my case for 489 with 50 points and get 10 points from state to reach a total of 60.

I feel in my country it is difficult to rise up as a civil engineer and do not really want to wait. I do not have much idea though.

I am sure so many of you have been in such a dilemma or some will be in the future. What do you think is the best scenario? I also have not weighed much of the 189/190/489 advantages and disadvantages.

What would you do if you were in my situation and what do you suggest me to do?
Advice from seniors and experts is always helpful.

Thank for everything.

Sudeep

·
Registered
502 Posts
Hi Sudeep,

I would suggest you to go for PTE-A exam, as you have really fared well in IELTS. It would not be difficult for you to get 79 in PTE... this way you will get 20 points and will get 60 marks to qualify.

Regards,
PP

·
Registered
973 Posts
Hi,
Don't you get any points for your experience ?
I would suggest you to sit for PTE test. Based on your IELTS score you can easily score to get the 20 points for English.

189 is still the best choice for migration as it gives you the flexibility to move around and work anywhere.

Hey expats..

Hope everything is good with all of you. Hope everybody here gets what they are striving for.

Now, my case. I am finding myself in a rather difficult situation as of now.

I recently got my qualifications assessed and got a positive assessment result from engineers australia as a civil engineer. I have my 15 points there.
I am currently 23, will be 24 in a month. I will have my 25 points there.
I currently have my ielts score as (L-8, R-9, S-8, W-7) which is 10 points.
I have a total of 50 points right now.

To get 60 points, I need to get 8 in each for IELTS or 79 in each for PTE and then get 10 more points. That will give me 60 points.

The dillemma is whether give PTE and try to score 8 in each band and try for 189/190. Or should I just file my case for 489 with 50 points and get 10 points from state to reach a total of 60.

I feel in my country it is difficult to rise up as a civil engineer and do not really want to wait. I do not have much idea though.

I am sure so many of you have been in such a dilemma or some will be in the future. What do you think is the best scenario? I also have not weighed much of the 189/190/489 advantages and disadvantages.

What would you do if you were in my situation and what do you suggest me to do?
Advice from seniors and experts is always helpful.

Thank for everything.

Sudeep

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,
Don't you get any points for your experience ?
I would suggest you to sit for PTE test. Based on your IELTS score you can easily score to get the 20 points for English.

189 is still the best choice for migration as it gives you the flexibility to move around and work anywhere.
I graduated in 2014 and have only 1 year of work experience. I will schedule a mock test this week and see. Then i can plan my study for PTE with ease.

Even I am thinking of same. If i can get a good score on PTE, the score I want, then i will file for 190 with 65 points. That would increase my chances as well.

What say?

·
Registered
528 Posts
I graduated in 2014 and have only 1 year of work experience. I will schedule a mock test this week and see. Then i can plan my study for PTE with ease.

Even I am thinking of same. If i can get a good score on PTE, the score I want, then i will file for 190 with 65 points. That would increase my chances as well.

What say?
Forget 489... Quota for invites is very limited. People are waiting for years. And, it is more feasible option if you have a close relative to sponsor you.

190 wont be easy too. In some states i-e victoria, 2 years of experience is MUST. You need a job offer in western Australia for 190 invite. I think you can apply for NSW SS.

You have to take PTE/IELTS to claim 20 points. Aftewards, you can apply for 189 with 60 or 190 with 65. Go for 189 because it is independent, plus 65 points will only get you invite little early. Apart from that there is no other benefit of extra POINTS.

Its your call. Good luck

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Forget 489... Quota for invites is very limited. People are waiting for years. And, it is more feasible option if you have a close relative to sponsor you.

190 wont be easy too. In some states i-e victoria, 2 years of experience is MUST. You need a job offer in western Australia for 190 invite. I think you can apply for NSW SS.

You have to take PTE/IELTS to claim 20 points. Aftewards, you can apply for 189 with 60 or 190 with 65. Go for 189 because it is independent, plus 65 points will only get you invite little early. Apart from that there is no other benefit of extra POINTS.

Its your call. Good luck

Thats exactly the kind of information i was seeking for.
I will need that 8 in each band to qualify for 189/190.

I have heard however that with just 60 points, getting invite for 189 is quite difficult so I was planning for 190 with an upperhand of 5 points.

Lets see what happens. First priority is the PTE Aacdemic score.
Maybe ill give PTE again if i dont get enough marks. I probably should discard the 489 option. Too much of a hassle.

Thanks a lot man.

Sudeep

·
Registered
528 Posts
Thats exactly the kind of information i was seeking for.
I will need that 8 in each band to qualify for 189/190.

I have heard however that with just 60 points, getting invite for 189 is quite difficult so I was planning for 190 with an upperhand of 5 points.

Lets see what happens. First priority is the PTE Aacdemic score.
Maybe ill give PTE again if i dont get enough marks. I probably should discard the 489 option. Too much of a hassle.

Thanks a lot man.

Sudeep
Your welcome. What you've heard is incorrect. If you apply with 60 points, you WILL get the invite (unless the occupation ceiling is reached which is highly unlikely). Its just a matter of time because its a queue based system i-e The more points you have, earlier your will be invited to apply for the visa.

So, just take PTE and try your best to get 79+. Next, submit an EOI for 189 with 60 points and wait for the invite. In case you want to apply for 190, you need to apply for state sponsorship on respective state website separately before submitting an EOI. I think you can apply for SS with your current IELTS score. Just visit the state websites and check the requirements. It will save you some time if you want to go for 190. In a meantime, you can take PTE.

Good luck.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Your welcome. What you've heard is incorrect. If you apply with 60 points, you WILL get the invite (unless the occupation ceiling is reached which is highly unlikely). Its just a matter of time because its a queue based system i-e The more points you have, earlier your will be invited to apply for the visa.

So, just take PTE and try your best to get 79+. Next, submit an EOI for 189 with 60 points and wait for the invite. In case you want to apply for 190, you need to apply for state sponsorship on respective state website separately before submitting an EOI. I think you can apply for SS with your current IELTS score. Just visit the state websites and check the requirements. It will save you some time if you want to go for 190. In a meantime, you can take PTE.

Good luck.

Thank you very much with your correct and prompt response.

I will schedule a mock test within a week and then manage my preparation accordingly. Regarding my application, things will depend on the PTE scores. I have found links to material from this website itself.

I personally feel this site is a gem to anybody who is applying to Australia. If the guy is smart enough, people here are as smart as registered agent sometimes.

Thanks a lot man.

Sudeep

·
Registered
26 Posts
190 Query

Hi All,

I am here with explaining the position currently where I am. I need your valuable advise on how to proceed with which option:

My Age: 34
Education Qualification: B.com/MBA.
Work Experience: 10 Years SAP SD.
PTE-A score: 50 + above in each overall 54.
Skill Assessment: Yet to start.

My Wife: 29
Education Qualification: B.tech
Work Experience: 6 years. Role Software tester.
IETLS score: 6 in each band.
Skill Assessment: Ready.

Now, we are in Dilemma which one will be the primary applicant as there is no scope of
software tester in 189 and in 190 she needs to get 7 in each band for VICTORIA.

I heard ICT Business Analyst for NSW 6 is minimum and Am I eligible now to do Skill assessment and send EOI as I will get 5 more points from my wife Assessment?

Please advise which way is better for me to proceed.

Awaiting for your valuable replies..

Regards,
Vamsi

·
Registered
5 Posts
1. I am 25 years (30 points)
2. I have done B.tech in Electronics and Communication and M.B.A in finance with 8.1 OCPA
3. I have already given IELTS (Reading 8.5 Speaking 8 Listening 8 and Writing 8 bands )
4. I didn't had any experience.
5. My real brother is Australian citizen residing in western australia.

is i am eligible for 489/189 visa without work experience?
Thanks in advance

1 - 11 of 11 Posts