Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi am a nurse from finland and am looking for a job in melbourne. Have tried to contact some agencies and no reply. Are there any suggestion would you advise me to try to get a job? am interested in nursing related field including hospital and elderly care. well am still in finland but i dont know hot to make the move. help help

·
Registered
220 Posts
Employers in Melbourne (And Australia in general) prefers you to have working rights in Australia (visa), it's easier for them

The best thing to do is to check the immigration website: immi.gov.au and see if you qualify for a skilled workers visa. Once you apply and get your visa, come to Melbourne and apply for jobs; it will be much easier to find a job then :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
helloo thankyou for the idea..sounds good. do the immigration give visa even though i dont have a job yet?

·
Registered
220 Posts
helloo thankyou for the idea..sounds good. do the immigration give visa even though i dont have a job yet?

yes absolutely. That's how I (and most of the people on this forum) get here. You apply for a skilled workers visa if you meet the requirements. Requirements are usually based on the positive assessment of your experience, college degree(s), age, English language test (IELTS). Also you get extra points if you get state sponsorship if your skills is in demand by a certain state.

Read through the website, it has all the information you need :)

SkillSelect

Look for both independent visa (sub class 189) or state nominated (sub class 190)

Good luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i found out that am required to change my nursing license too with australian health practitioner regulatory agency..the website seems too complicated i cant find the links and the forms. do you have any easier option?

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm not entirely sure what the process is for nurses, but I suggest you should read carefully through the website, it will take a bit of time and can be overwhelming at first.

If you find it difficult it, then try to find a local immigration office in Finland so they can do it for you

·
Registered
12 Posts
i found out that am required to change my nursing license too with australian health practitioner regulatory agency..the website seems too complicated i cant find the links and the forms. do you have any easier option?
Hi Waki,

The process for Nurses to get Permenant residency in Aus

1. Try IELTS or OET with 7 in all modules

2. Visit .ahpra. site and apply f or a bridging course

3. After finishing the bridging course apply for assessment through
anmac

4. After the assessment you can apply for PR by applying independently or through state sponsorship which depends on your qualification and age

1 - 11 of 11 Posts