Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have lodged my visa application (PR 189) in April. I understand that this forum is for people who are in Oz or are moving soon. However, I had some queries related to jobs in Banking or Finance domain and thought this would be the suitable forum for the queries as many of you might be working/ or would have friends working in this domain in Oz.

A quick background: I am from software field and my wife is from finance field (credit / risk underwriting). She has done her MBA in Finance and is working with a bank for about 4+ years now as a Credit Analyst for the corporates. She has ~2 years of software experience for banking clients prior to her MBA.

My queries are:

1) Is it very difficult finding a finance job in banks or credit unions Oz if she doesn't have local experience?

2) Can she do some courses to better her chances? If yes, which courses?

3) Any suitable CV format specifically for finance background - please share / PM me.

4) If anyone has any contacts, kindly PM me so that I can float her CV apart from sending it directly to the banks/credit unions.

I would be very grateful, if someone can reply to these queries. Thanks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi Guys,

I have lodged my visa application (PR 189) in April. I understand that this forum is for people who are in Oz or are moving soon. However, I had some queries related to jobs in Banking or Finance domain and thought this would be the suitable forum for the queries as many of you might be working/ or would have friends working in this domain in Oz.

A quick background: I am from software field and my wife is from finance field (credit / risk underwriting). She has done her MBA in Finance and is working with a bank for about 4+ years now as a Credit Analyst for the corporates. She has ~2 years of software experience for banking clients prior to her MBA.

My queries are:

1) Is it very difficult finding a finance job in banks or credit unions Oz if she doesn't have local experience?

2) Can she do some courses to better her chances? If yes, which courses?

3) Any suitable CV format specifically for finance background - please share / PM me.

4) If anyone has any contacts, kindly PM me so that I can float her CV apart from sending it directly to the banks/credit unions.

I would be very grateful, if someone can reply to these queries. Thanks.

I would say it neither easy nor difficult to get a finance job.

Local course doesn't help that much, unless you go for a prestigious uni MBA.

if you don't mind, you can send her CV, i might give you some insights.

Inspiring true story: Met a Mexican guy, he found a corporate role at St.Gorges bank without local experience after four months of landing. So,it depends how you make the game plan.

Cheers mate:juggle: :plane:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts