Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all,:)

Do anyone knows how to get a job in Australia,as I am applying via seek,but never get any response.
Would anyone suggest whats the best way to find job here?

Thanks
Pooja Singh

·
Registered
535 Posts
why are u seeking in VIC when there r plenty in NSW? see attachment reg my survey
Hey Kaivalya,

This list doesn't make much sense as these details are as of a particular time. IT companies (mainly the service ones from India) keep winning and losing projects and their presence in the cities keep changing accordingly. Apart from this, most of these companies which are from India, send their existing and long serving Indian employees to Australia on 457 visa rather than hiring new ones from Australian market.

Thanks!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey Kaivalya,

This list doesn't make much sense as these details are as of a particular time. IT companies (mainly the service ones from India) keep winning and losing projects and their presence in the cities keep changing accordingly. Apart from this, most of these companies which are from India, send their existing and long serving Indian employees to Australia on 457 visa rather than hiring new ones from Australian market.

Thanks!
I agree with you the list shows the positions, but most of the companies are services and are having a very high volume of outsourcing work. They would definitely get there own guy if they need one on 457 and they are doing that, i can assure you similar practices being followed by Indian and American services firm that has been mentioned here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am living in melbourne thats y i am seeking in victoria, i am on spouse visa, and have administration backround,not from IT. I just wana know whats the best way to start your carrer in Australia

·
Registered
208 Posts
I am living in melbourne thats y i am seeking in victoria, i am on spouse visa, and have administration backround,not from IT. I just wana know whats the best way to start your carrer in Australia
If you are on Spouse Visa then it would be difficult for you to get jobs or calls under the current scenario. Because of the Job Market is currently favored towards Employers, Can your spouse help you via his contacts. I think you can start looking for a voluntary job where you can have some local experience.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
why are u seeking in VIC when there r plenty in NSW? see attachment reg my survey
Till date you only posted your this suggestion across this forum.so going by your logic Melbourne should be a ghost city and everyone should move to sydney. Not sure which survey you are talking about but even if i assume you are right then also there might have few hundred more jobs in Sydney but many many times more job seekers. So at the end the probability of getting job is same or even lower in sydney.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have local experience of 9 months working as admin
With local experience under your belt that too as a admin , you should have made hundreds of contacts by now. Can you utilize the contacts as that's much better then going to seek . Australia is one place where contact's and socializing works like charm . You wont face any issues.

·
Registered
112 Posts
If you google out IT companies in sydney and another search as IT companies in Melbourne, you will be convinced enough that the chances are more in NSW than Melbourne. How is that?

·
Registered
208 Posts
If you google out IT companies in sydney and another search as IT companies in Melbourne, you will be convinced enough that the chances are more in NSW than Melbourne. How is that?
Dont take me wrong but are you some NSW mascot. Because if you can see from the post the person is on spouse visa that means his/her spouse is already in Melbourne and is working plus the person requires job in admin role.
Though loved you favoring on NSW, I hope someone has equal affection towards our mother nation too :D

·
Registered
112 Posts
Till date you only posted your this suggestion across this forum.so going by your logic Melbourne should be a ghost city and everyone should move to sydney. Not sure which survey you are talking about but even if i assume you are right then also there might have few hundred more jobs in Sydney but many many times more job seekers. So at the end the probability of getting job is same or even lower in sydney.
try to google out "it jobs in sydney" another search "IT jobs in Melbourne":fingerscrossed:. Revert back to me where u get the largest number. I will be convinced.;)

·
Registered
535 Posts
I agree with you the list shows the positions, but most of the companies are services and are having a very high volume of outsourcing work. They would definitely get there own guy if they need one on 457 and they are doing that, i can assure you similar practices being followed by Indian and American services firm that has been mentioned here.
So where's the disagreement? I couldn't quite get what you are trying to say. I am trying to say (referring to the list posted by Kaivalya) that having those companies' presence doesn't make much sense.

·
Registered
535 Posts
try to google out "it jobs in sydney" another search "IT jobs in Melbourne":fingerscrossed:. Revert back to me where u get the largest number. I will be convinced.;)
I wish it was as easy, Kaivalya! If just searching a keyword in Google could throw the reality of life.. sigh!

·
Registered
535 Posts
I have local experience of 9 months working as admin
Frankly speaking, it won't help at all. I have seen MBAs and graduates with more than 5 years of experience struggling for entry level admin position. It's also up to your luck though, but going by the trend it looks extremely difficult to believe that this experience will be of any use to you for searching a job. Don't mind, but I am being upfront and honest.

·
Registered
535 Posts
With local experience under your belt that too as a admin , you should have made hundreds of contacts by now. Can you utilize the contacts as that's much better then going to seek . Australia is one place where contact's and socializing works like charm . You wont face any issues.
I guess you are sitting in India, Myths. Leave apart the job, even to get an interview call is extremely difficult with 9 months of exp in current Australian job market. 100s of contacts in an alien country? I hope you know what you are talking about!

And what's with "You won't face any issues"? - Man, here people are struggling to get jobs for as long as 6-8 months and I am referring to those people whose skills are supposedly in 'shortage' and they have a considerably long work experience in their field. I wish this sentence was true for me and many others who haven't seen a ray of hope as yet. Thanks for motivating words though.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Lolzz...lets not get into this stupidity. Best of luck for your move to sydney. decide your move based on some google "survey".... i am in oz since 2012 so i dont need any survey to tell abt oz job market...

·
Registered
26 Posts
I guess you are sitting in India, Myths. Leave apart the job, even to get an interview call is extremely difficult with 9 months of exp in current Australian job market. 100s of contacts in an alien country? I hope you know what you are talking about!

And what's with "You won't face any issues"? - Man, here people are struggling to get jobs for as long as 6-8 months and I am referring to those people whose skills are supposedly in 'shortage' and they have a considerably long work experience in their field. I wish this sentence was true for me and many others who haven't seen a ray of hope as yet. Thanks for motivating words though.
I stayed in Melbourne for 4 years and am in Perth for last two years. Well I was good in making contacts so was speaking from my end, If a person with responsibilities of admin where you are suppose to meet new client and interact with many other is not capable enough to make contacts yeah then he/she will struggle.
You need to prove yourself in the market , i have seen my friends in admin section having less than 9 months of experience but building chains of contacts and reaping the advantage. Yes this is foreign land and you need to push yourself.
No offense intended only people who struggle or blame the market are the ones who are not capable of surviving in the competitive world.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Regarding the job scenario, I mean this is my timeline. Came here saw the struggle in IT so worked in IT for year and half then did master from Melbourne Uni , did the teaching job for rest of time ( loved it ). Got the opportunity on research in Perth came here did the research , with my contacts over the time have started building my own consultancy firm. I mean i know market is tough for some skill set but you need to have this long term plans if things dont work out because first thing you didn't come here blindfolded right?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts