Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Expats,
I have lived in Agde for 4 years and am 59, learning French at the local Ecole Francais.
I am finding it a little difficult to communicate well with my French friends (they are very understanding) and I am finding that I am in need of some quality, meaningful discussion in English for a while. Can you suggest any groups, societies, meetings I can attend in Agde or Marseillon where I can converse with English people? I need a good talking too...if you know what I mean...
Many thanks,
Aboatboya, Agde

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Hello

I can't help with groups etc, but I sympathise with the need to speak English with other English people. I've been in France since 2001, speak reasonable French, and I'm integrated into village life here. I'm married to a française, and she has 3 children and 7 g children - all charming and very kind to me. I don't search out English people because I miss the UK etc, but it is good to share a joke without the hard work of understanding jokes in French.

I have to say after an hour or 2 I've had enough and return to my French world!

DejW

Hello Expats,
I have lived in Agde for 4 years and am 59, learning French at the local Ecole Francais.
I am finding it a little difficult to communicate well with my French friends (they are very understanding) and I am finding that I am in need of some quality, meaningful discussion in English for a while. Can you suggest any groups, societies, meetings I can attend in Agde or Marseillon where I can converse with English people? I need a good talking too...if you know what I mean...
Many thanks,
Aboatboya, Agde

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Dejw,
Thanks for your reply. I am conforted a little that it is not just me that enjoys to hear and tell a good joke...I miss this a lot...I have very good humour but France does seem to wear this humour down somewhat which is why I search for clubs etc; I dream of a nice pub, plenty of people to talk with...that is open after 7.00pm...I hope I do not ask for too much,
Thanks again
Aboatboya

·
Administrator
50,381 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.