Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm looking at moving to Paphos next spring (I already own an apartment there) and I was wondering if anyone could recommend any providers of financial services in the area (preferrably UK companies with an office in Cyprus).

I'm specifically looking for advice on life insurance, wills and financial planning in general. I am married with three children, if that's relevant.

Thanks in advance,
Andy

·
Registered
27 Posts
As Pete and Silv mentioned someone I will too! They are based in Limassol.
Steve Carr
Tel +357 25738 930
[email protected]

For wills +99 696 685

Compliant with IPW code of practice with offices in the UK as well.

We have had excellent advice and he is not too overpriced either.

Hope this is helpful,

Christine

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Christine, there's no problem with recommending or mentioning people as a result of an enquiry. It is straight advertising or promotion of your own business that is not allowed and gets the moderators jumping.

I love your phrase "not too overpriced" !!!

Pete

·
Registered
151 Posts
If you have assets in more than one jurisdiction (eg, property or bank accounts in UK, property in Cyprus, offshore bank accounts) it is better to have a Will in each jurisdiction that you have assets. Also it's important that each Will stipulates which assets are covered and that the Wills refer to each other (i.e. this Will covers assets in UK only, assets in Cyprus, Isle of Man are covered by separate Wills). Cost should be pretty low down on your list of proiorities when it comes to Wills to be honest. I'm not involved in writing Wills BTW but I've been privvy to the problems of not having adequate succession planning in place.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts