Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am in the process of bringing my wife to live with me here in the UK. I have a question regarding the financial requirement. I have two jobs. In one of the jobs am contracted to 36 hours per week at a rate of £7.51 per hour. This gives me a total of £14058.72 per annum. In addition I work overtime very often therefore my gross weekly income fluctuates but has never been less than 36 hours per week.

I have 12 months payslips and bank statements to support her application. In addition I asked my manager to write a letter verifying that I work for the company, state my gross annual income and my employment status i.e permanent. Will the gross annual income be inclusive of overtime (total gross income earned during the entire year) or just my contracted hours as shown above and in the contract?

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
So you are applying under Category B which requires 12 months of pay slips, correct? All 12 pay slips are added to come up with your earnings for the year. As long as the total is over £18,600, you are fine. If possible, have your boss include that you are contracted for 36 hours but overtime is regularly available to you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,
Please ignore the above and answer the following. Thank you.

I am in the process of bringing my wife to live with me here in the UK. I have a question regarding the financial requirement. I have two jobs. In one of the jobs am contracted to 36 hours per week at a rate of £7.41 per hour as shown in my contract. At the start of this tax year I got a pay rise from £7.41 to £7.51 per hour. Please note in my contract it shows 7.41 per hour for the contracted hours and has not been updated to reflect my new pay rise because it was issued October last year. Will this raise an issue with the visa issuing officer?

With the current rate I get a total of £14058.72 per annum. In addition, I work overtime very often. This makes my gross weekly income to fluctuate but has never been less than 36 hours per week.

I have 12 months payslips and bank statements to support my wife's application. In addition I asked my manager to write a letter verifying that I work for the company, state my gross annual income and my employment status i.e permanent. Will the gross annual income be "inclusive of overtime" (total gross income earned during the entire year) or just my contracted hours as shown above?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So you are applying under Category B which requires 12 months of pay slips, correct? All 12 pay slips are added to come up with your earnings for the year. As long as the total is over £18,600, you are fine. If possible, have your boss include that you are contracted for 36 hours but overtime is regularly available to you.
Thanks for the prompt reply. Yes, she will be applying under Cat B.

In one of the jobs am contracted to 36 hours per week at a rate of £7.41 per hour as shown in my contract. At the start of this tax year I got a pay rise from £7.41 to £7.51 per hour. Please note in my contract it shows 7.41 per hour for the contracted hours and has not been updated to reflect my new pay rise because it was issued October 2012.

1. Question: Will this raise an issue with the visa issuing officer?

With the current rate I get a total of £14058.72 per annum. In addition, I work overtime very often. This makes my gross weekly income to fluctuate but has never been less than 36 hours per week.

2. Question: will the letter my employer writes show total gross of the contracted hours (36 hours x 52 weeks x 7.51) or the total gross income I earned for the past 12 months?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
134 Posts
The letter of employment should state your basic flat rate gross salary. But also include a line saying that it's possible to earn more than this due to overtime which is available.

Then you include all your payslips (12 months) which should give you a total of £18,600+

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.