Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
i hope you can help me.

I'm British born and met my fiancé while he was here on a visitors visa from India (visiting his British born sister). He has gone back now and did not overstay.
I am also divorced with a 2 year old child so i have been out of work for about one and half years. I am struggling to find a job that will pay me the required £18600 and fear that i will have to do 2 jobs to make it up which is impossible as a single mother.

however my fiancé was here about 2 years ago on a working holiday visa when he obtained a UK drivers licence and a license to operate machinery in the construction industry. His previous employer has guaranteed a job when he returns which will pay a lot more than the min £18600.

I read somewhere that this letter would be enough to count as our income.....something to do with a human rights case...maybe?

could anyone tell me what we should do....

thank you

·
Super Moderator
18,065 Posts
hi
i hope you can help me.

I'm British born and met my fiancé while he was here on a visitors visa from India (visiting his British born sister). He has gone back now and did not overstay.
I am also divorced with a 2 year old child so i have been out of work for about one and half years. I am struggling to find a job that will pay me the required £18600 and fear that i will have to do 2 jobs to make it up which is impossible as a single mother.

however my fiancé was here about 2 years ago on a working holiday visa when he obtained a UK drivers licence and a license to operate machinery in the construction industry. His previous employer has guaranteed a job when he returns which will pay a lot more than the min £18600.

I read somewhere that this letter would be enough to count as our income.....something to do with a human rights case...maybe?

could anyone tell me what we should do....

thank you
Unfortunately, the promise of a job for the applicant can not be used to meet the financial requirement.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I've read somewhere that you can actually get someone to come here as visitor and while u are in benefits obviously because of your child and being a single mother...

once he's here u can probably marry him and apply for spouse visa but i could be wrong... just sharing what i read in an article.

·
Super Moderator
18,065 Posts
I've read somewhere that you can actually get someone to come here as visitor and while u are in benefits obviously because of your child and being a single mother...

once he's here u can probably marry him and apply for spouse visa but i could be wrong... just sharing what i read in an article.

Yes, you're wrong.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for that....i was just recalling something id read.
I would just like to confirm that it is ok for me to meet the financial requirements by udntertaking two jobs?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.