Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

My husband is in Mauritius and I am British. We got married last year in August in Mauritius. I met him in 2007 in Mauritius and since then we have been communicating via the Internet, or smtimes once a year I will go to Mauritius or sometimes he does. Last year I lived with him in his parents house for 3months though. I am still studying full time and working full time to sponsor him as well. I have recently found out that the Home Office looks at the gross monthly income and in all the pay slips I provide, they check the lowest out received. When my husband and I calculated the amount we need to show because I do jot earn 18600, it came to 30k but now with the lower pay slip, am thinking do we need to wait another 6 months? Because I only need another 1500 which I can save in 2months, but after that, do we wait6months again? Or he can apply his visa as we planned in January, which is when the 6months finishes after the 30k we saved.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
If your pay fluctuates because you are paid hourly or daily, or you receive commissions, bonuses or overtime, what they do is to take the average over 6 months and work out the annual income. So if you meet the requirement this way, you can sponsor after 6 months. Only up to 30% of your total pay can be from commissions, bonuses and overtime. But if your fluctuation is due to unpaid leave etc, then you have to wait until the below-par monthly payslip (under £1,550) drops out of your calculation. Your employer has to specify in their letter on what basis you are paid, and whether you are entitled to commissions, bonuses etc.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I get paid monthly. My salary is fixed, but in August they didn't pay me for a say because I didn't go as I was not well. So because of that, I will need another £1400 in the 30k that I saved to sponsor him, he is suppose to apply his visa in January, can he still do that while I save that £1400 in thé next 2months?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
In that case you may have to wait until the August pay drops out of calculations, i.e. use Sep 2013 to Feb 2014 pay. To give you full advice, tell us your gross pay received in each of the last 6 months and 12 months, and the amount in your savings kept for at least 6 months.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My gross annual income is £13002. So the gross monthly income is £1083. I saved £30100 to sponsor my husband as i do not earn £18600. I have been in this job since November 2012. In August this year, my gross monthly salary was £1036 because I called in sick. Now in September and October I called in sick as well which means, in pay slips August, October and December, I will get £1036 gross. So, we need to wait another 6months because of that?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.