Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,

We're applying for my fiancée / civil partnership visa. Wondered if anyone knows much about the financial requirements for the visa as my partner started his job last august. His contract states that he earns just over £18.000, but he gets a lot of overtime, in general he earns £22.000- £24.000.

So, what I am trying to ask is do the Home office look at the contracted hours or do they accept working overtime as most of his wages slips say that he bring us home between £1400 -£1600 a month. Is that acceptable?

Thank you very much!

·
Registered
39,104 Posts
What they will do, and how you show in your application, is to add up all his payslips during the last six months and double it to get the annual income, under Cat A.

5.5.4. Overtime, commission-based pay and bonuses will be counted as income from employment where they have been received in the 6 or 12 months prior to the date of application as applicable. Sometimes the person will receive the same amount of income from overtime each month; sometimes overtime payments will vary, with different amounts (if any) each month. All overtime in salaried employment will be calculated based on the approach to income from non-salaried employment. This will be an annualised 6-month average for the overtime which will be added to the level of the gross annual salary.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/s...DIs/chp8-annex/section-FM-1.7.pdf?view=Binary

Which is a convoluted way of doing the same thing - Adding up all his overtime payments during the last 6 months, double it and adding to his annual basic salary.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.