Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I'm going to apply by the end of July, I have read loads of information about the spouse visa and the financial requirements but I still have some doubts I hope someone can help me solve. This is the situation:

My husband / sponsor has two jobs:

Main job: salaried (?) - monthly pay. Has been working there for about 4 years. He was earning 1248 + commissions but last month increased to 1300 + commissions. All this before tax.

This wasn't enough for the visa so he took a second job:

Second job: salaried (?) - monthly pay. Been working there for 7 months but the first two were cash in hand, so we are waiting for the 6 months of official payslips to apply. Pay is 260.

So, from what I know, if he gets paid the same amount every month that means its salaried, and that means we fall into Category A, which is calculated with 6 payslips, total amount before tax. They take the lowest payslip x 12(A) Then they add all the commissions and divide them by 6 (B), so A+B should be equal or more to 18,600.

But the issues I have are:

1) if all that is right, the lowest payslip means just from the main job, or the main job AND the 2nd job? How can I make sure there are adding both, just by highlighting them, or explaining it in a letter?

2) The lowest payslip from the ones we have so far could be one with the 1248+260+ about 200 of commission (around 1700 in total) Or there is a month were he didn't get any commissions and he got a sick day off : 1300+200 (just 1500)

3)The sick day I mention in the last point, would it really be necessary to deduct it from the gross total or it doesn't matter same as taxes??

4) Does it affect the in any way if there is a month with no commissions at all? As in, he's still under Category A?

4)How do I make the calculation for the application form? where it asks whats the annual income, do I use the formula I stated before: adding both jobs payslips x12 + the average of commissions?

Sorry if it's too much, would appreciate any answer, on any of my questions. Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
39,124 Posts
You treat the two jobs separately. So first work out the salaried part of job A and add the average extras over 6 months and annualise. Do the same with job B, and finally add the two figures together to arrive at total annual pay. For the salaried part, you do take the lowest monthly salaried pay whether it's through being sick or not. For extras, you just add all the money received over 6 months, divide by 6 and multiply by 12. On the form, you put details of the first job, and then those of the second job under 'Other information', and put the grand total where they ask about total annual income.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You treat the two jobs separately. So first work out the salaried part of job A and add the average extras over 6 months and annualise. Do the same with job B, and finally add the two figures together to arrive at total annual pay. For the salaried part, you do take the lowest monthly salaried pay whether it's through being sick or not. For extras, you just add all the money received over 6 months, divide by 6 and multiply by 12. On the form, you put details of the first job, and then those of the second job under 'Other information', and put the grand total where they ask about total annual income.
Thank you very much for your response Joppa, I'm sorry I didn't thank you earlier. I have been busy but I do appreciate your help.

So I talked with my husband about this and we did the numbers. Would you mind to maybe take a look at it to see if we are doing the math alright? I worry about this as in the form, Appendix 2 I think it is, we do need to put the annual income and I want to be sure I'm getting the right final numbers.

So, this is the layout of my calculations:
1st JOB - Commissions 2nd JOB
Jan 1248 60 260
Feb 1248 60 260
March 1248 643.66 260
April 1300 259.66 260
May 1300 0 260(or 200 because of the sick day)
Jun 1300 0 260

So, if I follow your instructions it would be something like this:

a) 1st JOB Lowest monthly salaried pay: 1248*12=14976
b) Extras: 1023.32/6= 170.55*12= 2,046.64
a+b= 17,022.64 (this would be what I have to write in the form, right?)

c) 2nd JOB: 260*12= 3120

Total Annual Income: a+b+c= 20,142.64

Have we done this right? Please, I know you are not our accountants or lawyers, but I would be really, really thankful to anyone that can help me be sure and give me some peace of mind on this matter.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PS. Sorry the post didn't save the format of the layout properly and now is all mushed up together and I cant edit posts here. Let me separate it so its clearer:

1st JOB
Jan 1248
Feb 1248
March 1248
April 1300
May 1300
Jun 1300

Commisions of the 1st JOB
Jan 60
Feb 60
March 643.66
April 259.66
May 0
Jun 0

2nd JOB
Jan 260
Feb 260
March 260
April 260
May 260 (or 200 because of the sick day)
Jun 260

·
Registered
39,124 Posts
First part is fine.
Second part should be 200 x 12 = 2400, so the total is 19,422.62, which still meets the requirement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.