Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

My partner and I are planning to apply for a spouse visa in Dec and he just started working more hours to make £1550 per month.
He used to work only in weekend and is still on part time contract and unlimited overtime. He asked his manager to get him on a full time contract which he will earn about £1400 and he still needs to have some overtime hours but due to some staff issues in the workplace, he can't get on the full time contract at the moment. However, his manager said that he will get him on the full time contract as soon as possible but the thing is no one knows when it will be.
He is worried now that I may not get accepted for the visa because it says about £700 earning from the part time and £900 from the overtime on his payslip and he thinks there is too much overtime than the actual contracted working hours. However, I think as long as he makes over £1550 per month for next 6 months and gets a letter from his manager saying that he will continuously have unlimited overtime and part time, there wouldn't be any problem. Would it be a problem??

Another question is, I know that most people who rent a house provide council tax letter etc to prove that they are actually renting the house and living there. We are living with his parents now at the moment but we are going to move out to his friend's house in Aug as there are 5 rooms in his house and he only lives with his girlfriend so it's more like renting rooms not the whole house.
We already made an agreement that we are going to pay £400 per month including all bills and use whole upstairs.
My partner is going to make a tenancy agreement with his friend just fort my visa and probably a letter from his friend explaining details of the house and saying that all bills are included etc.
Is it going to be enough evidence that we have a place to live or we need to have something more specific evidence?
If we need something more, what could it be in our situation?

Any advice or idea will be helpful. Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.