Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I recently married my jordanian fiancé in the uk. He returned to Jordan on Thursday as his visitor visa expires next week.
We are wanting to apply for a spouse visa ASAP so as he can come back and live with me.
We understand that the financial requirement is £18,600 but I am in the middle of applying for a carers allowance as I care for my grandmother. We have read that the carers allowance exempts me from meeting the requirement, is this true?
I work 15 hours and get paid £100.20 before taxes and also live free of charge with my parents (my husband will be living with us free of charge when he comes back until he finds work and we get our own place)
I read that I would need 6 months payslips for the application but I have only been workin 15 hours for 4 weeks due to caring for my grandmother, the weeks before that I was working 30/35 hours, do I submit those payslips aswell or do I have to wait 6 months? Can someone help me and advise me what to do?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
First, you need to meet the maintenance requirement which says you have to have £112.55 left from your total income after housing costs. Since you are living free with your parents, your wages plus carer's allowance should meet the requirement.
It's either 6 months or a shorter period during which you have been receiving carer's allowance. So I suggest you apply around a month after starting to get carer's allowance, with your pay slips and bank statement to date.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok so if I submit a bank statement with a carers allowance payment on it and my payslips for around 6 weeks that should be enough? Only problem is my wages don't get paid in to the bank, if I lodge them myself straight away is that ok? Yes my wages and carers allowance will be around £160 per week. Also can I ask is there any other documents I need? Thanks

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
For cash wages, you MUST deposit the whole amount or only the actual amount deposited (after tax) will count.
6 weeks is fine.
For financials, you need wage slips, bank statements and award letter from DWP about carer's allowance. Also evidence that you don't pay rent or council tax.
Plus usual documents about accommodation and genuine relationship.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
By the award letter from DWP u mean the letter I will receive from them at the start to say I'm entitled to it? Documents for accommodation is a letter from my mum saying that it's ok for us to live here free of charge? But what u mean about genuine relationship?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok thanks for the advice! One last question, how do I prove that I don't pay rent? Will a letter from my mum do?

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
Yes, plus some kind of payment evidence that your mum is paying full rent, like bank statement and rent receipt.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, she pays a mortgage so I take it a mortgage statement will do the job? Thanks for your help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.