Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning everyone..

Can someone tell me how much savings I would nneed if I earn £ 1200 per month? I've been told that I can only do 16 hours for one of my jobs and I'm devastated! Because the hours for my main job. I was hoping to show savings for the shortfall. Can someone tell me how you work this out please

Thanks

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
The formula is:

16,000 + 2.5 (the shortfall) = amount needed.

If you earn 14,400 per year (based on 1200 per month), you're 4,200 short. That means you need 2.5 that amount, plus 16,000, which equals 26,500.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can someone please advise me on which category I need to apply for a spouse visa I will be conbining my earnings from two employers which is £14,400 and savings of £26,500?

Also how long do I need to have worked with the two employers before I can apply?

Thanks

·
Registered
39,127 Posts
It's either Category A + D or B + D.
D is for savings.
B is usually the safer bet but requires up to a year's employment record, provided the combined income actually received from both jobs come to £14,400 (in your case).
You may be able to apply under Cat A if you have held both jobs for 6 months, though this is a grey area as the guidance doesn't explicitly state you can apply with two (or more) jobs, but doesn't say you can't.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.