Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

New to the forum here - looks like an excellent resource! I have been trawling through old threads seeking clarification on one point, and haven't managed to find it yet. I apologise sincerely in advance if this has already been asked!

Situation in a nutshell - we are applying for an unmarried partner visa with no child dependents under the age of 18. Therefore, I (the sponsor) must demonstrate an income before tax of GBP 18,600 a year. I plan to demonstrate this income requirement through a combination of non-salaried employment in the UK and Cash Savings.

Question When receiving a cash gift as a contribution to your cash savings for the application, does this cash gift also have to have been in your account for six months? The majority of my cash savings have been in my account for 6+ months, and I will recieve a gift in order to bring the amount up to the requisite figure (after the minus 16K, divide by 2.5 rule is applied)

Hope this makes sense - many thanks for taking the time to read my query.

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
Yes, any savings you are relying on to meet the financial requirement must be held for 6 months. Additionally, you need a paper trail for where the money came from and a letter from the giver stating it is a gift with no strings attached and no expectation for it to be returned.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dear Nyclon, Thanks very much for the reply. Obviously not what I was hoping to hear, but I very much appreciate your insight. We will persevere! Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.