Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting confused about what counts as cash savings for the financial requirement and would be grateful for any advice.

My partner is Australian and has now got his fiance visa (yay !). We fulfilled the financial requirement based entirely on his savings (held in an Oz savings account).

My query is - For the FLR(M) visa, can we fulfil the financial requirement using the funds held in his Superannuation investment account (we didn't need to use them for the original visa as had enough savings in the bank at the time) ? The funds can be accessed as any time by him. Can we leave the funds where they are or will they have to be moved to a bank account before we apply ? (It'll be a nuisance if so as he'll lose a lot of interest).

If we do need to move them, how long before applying for the FLR(M) will we need to do that ?

Thanks !

(I hope I haven't double-posted but couldn't find the thread about this that I thought I'd started earlier today)
:confused:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh I see - Sorry !
I put my question in a thread of its own because I (belatedly) thought that it might not be noticed in an older thread..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.