Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

My fiancée and I would like to get married and settle in the UK – she’s Russian and I’m a UK citizen.

The financial requirement rules for company directors are rather onerous, so I’m thinking of using my savings. I understand I’ll have to show the maximum amount (£62,500), as mixing savings with directors’ earnings is not permitted.

Has anyone experience of the following?
Part of my savings are held in an executors account, (legacy from my late mother), so my name doesn’t appear as the account holder, although my mother’s name does “Executors of the Late ***”.
The rules state that "Savings must be held in cash in a personal bank/savings account in the name of the applicant." Would there be any leeway on this? – I could transfer the money over, but of course it won’t have been there for the necessary 6 months.

There is a section that says, “(b) Paid out competition winnings or a legacy which has been paid can contribute to cash savings.”

Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance.

Porky

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
I doubt very much that an executor account will count as current or savings account. An executor account is where the deceased's money is 'parked' before it's distributed to beneficiaries. So even if you are the executor, until the legacy is paid out to you, it's not considered yours.
The guidance mentions 'a legacy which has been paid' and the money in the executor account hasn't yet been paid to beneficiaries, including you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Joppa.
I guess we will have to go down the Marriage Visitor route. I have some questions (of course!) on that, but I'll put them in a new thread to keep things clear for the forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.