Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Financial requirement question

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  yunnipie 
#1 · (Edited)
Just wanted to help on a few things about my spouse + child settlement forms, i'm the sponsor(husband) british citizen, were planning to apply in about a month from now, were planning to use category A just waiting for my june payslip to complete the 6 months worth of payslip, just in the process of collating all the other requirments, anyways just to give you a bit of a background

Just mid november last year i got given a contract to do zero hours work at this "company" then the following month there was an internal job opening at this same "company" so i applied and got given a permanent contract on a different job role with better pay, the thing that confuses me is that on my december payslip(we get paid monthly) it shows my basic wage for the new permanent contract, and one for my when i was doing zero hours, so im not sure how will i compute it?

I got both employment contracts from my employer, one for zero hours and the other for permanent contract.

-do i calculate the zero hours work separately as that counts as unsalaried work right?
-or treat it as a salaried computation?

Breakdown on my november- december payslip goes,
Basic salary: £1288(lower amount due to the job/contract change)
Basic - units: 24(hours) = £181
Pay adjustment -units:80(hours) = £748

Then the following months it shows the normal basic salary as = 1744.78 plus ot/bonus

Anyway hope that helps, dont know what other info i can provide. Thanks guys

See less See more
#2 ·
In your case, just submit your new job with the same employer, and don't send anything about your previous zero-hour contract. Under Cat A, you need to be in work at the time of application, so the only job that counts is your new job. You need full 6-month worth of payslips from your new job. To avoid confusion, I suggest you submit Jan to June payslips.

#5 ·
Joppa, how are bonuses calculated?
Ex: gross income £16,500
Potential quarterly bonus £2,000
Assume the spouse bonuses once in the 6 months prior to the application. Would it be calculated the same as non-salary work (2,000÷6=333.33×12=£3,999.96) brining annual pay to £20,499.96? Or would the flat £2,000 be added to the salary of £16,500 making them just shy at £18,500?
Thank you.

#6 ·
I might mention that the only mention I found regarding calculating salary with commision was under the section discussing applicants that have been with their employer less than 6 months. The case study pg 27, example D) suggested that the only reason they wouldn't meet the requirement was because they couldn't count the future commisions, but implied that preious commisions would be applicable if that were the salary being used for expenses.
And, are bonuses and commissions considered the same for this purpose?
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.