Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Contract hours changed

Hi, my manager changed my contract hours from 42 to 48 hours a week and I was just wonder if that would affect my wifes spouse visa application?

also is P60 needed because I started working on aug 20 2016.

Thank you

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi guys,

I have a full time job with £7.65 an hour rate and contracted for 48hours a week.

MARCH: £2019 ( includes overtime)
APRIL: £2203 ( includes overtimes )
MAY: £1285 ( Holiday got married )
JUNE: £1927 ( includes overtime )
JULY: £2203 ( includes overtime )
AUG: £2340 ( Includes overtime)

Total: £11977

I was just wondering if this would be sufficient to meet the financial requirement, as I am quite worried because I have red on some topics that ECO picks the lowest income to count the financial requirement.

which category would I fall into?

Another question is P60 required for my wife's visa application?

Please help...

Thank you.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Not sure why you started another thread for two related questions. It shouldn't affect it, but depends on your actual income and whether you're salaried or not - refer to my reply in your other thread.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Being contracted 48 hours and being salaried are two different things. Being contracted just means they have to give you at least 48 hours work a week. Being salaried means they have to pay you 48 hours a week regardless of if you worked them or not.

For example, if you were off sick or took a holiday (like you did in March), would you still be paid?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Being contracted 48 hours and being salaried are two different things. Being contracted just means they have to give you at least 48 hours work a week. Being salaried means they have to pay you 48 hours a week regardless of if you worked them or not.

For example, if you were off sick or took a holiday (like you did in March), would you still be paid?
I guess I am contracted as I dont get paid if I dont work and we get 28 days holiday with in a year.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Right!

That means you'll be applying under non-salaried. Your annual income is calculated by the previous 6 months income annualised:

£11,977/6 x 12 = £23,954

So you more than meet the finical requirements. As you've been in the job for longer than 6 months you apply under Category A,which requires the previous 6 months of pay slips and bank statements. P60 isn't a required document, but if you have it, then it's always worth adding in. You also need a letter from your employer to confirm everything. Adding in a job contract is also good if you have it.

I assume the above is your gross income (i.e. before tax)? And that it's paid into your bank account by your employer?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You're welcome. Just be sure to make it clear you are non-salaried, that way the ECO doesn't accidentally treat you as salaried, which would put below the financial threshold.
I will do, wil there be a section on appendixs 2 or VAF4 to show the ECO that I am on non salaried employment?

Sorry I am so new to this.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I will do, wil there be a section on appendixs 2 or VAF4 to show the ECO that I am on non salaried employment?

Sorry I am so new to this.
I'm not familiar with the out of country application as I've only dealt with FLR(M) forms for my wife. There should be a question which states the type of employment your under, also it should be mentioned in the employment letter from your employer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.