Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am about to apply for my wife's spouse visa; however I have only been working for the past 3 months, earning over the threshold, my lawyer has said we can submit now, and submit a further 3 payslips while the visa is being processed. I dont have a contract but do have an employers letter on letter head - which states my wage, contract type and my gross income, and how its paid into my account. Ive provided bank statements and all other relevant documents needed.

what would you guys recommend, is it worth submitting, especially after the hearing of the case of MM vs secretary of state?

·
Super Moderator
18,065 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmm, he said that it will be put on hold, but whilst a decision is being made in regards to the MM case, we can submit a further 3 months payslips.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is this possible? and without an employers contract is this a problem? I do have and employers letter on letter head, stating all the information that the UKBA require.

·
Super Moderator
18,065 Posts
so, a further 3 payslips cannot be supplied, is this what you are saying?
No, they can't. You can't add information which didn't exist at the time if application. The financial requirement states you must be in employment for 6 months with 6 pay slips, 6 bank statements, a contract and employment letter. If you have only been working for 3 months at the time of application you can't add pay slips and bank statements that you received after you made the application.

Why don't you have a contract? You should ask your employer to supply you with one.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my contract at the time was a 52 week fixed term one where has now he has stated on the employment letter that i am a permanent employee.,

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wont it contradict the employment letter, and plus its not original, its a copy that i can get.

·
Super Moderator
18,065 Posts
They are not the same thing. The employment letter states how long you've been employed, what you're making now, what your position is now, how many hours you work. It is not meant to be an exact copy of your contract. Why can't you get an original?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i have asked for a original, but the said only a copy can be provided, if a contract is not submitted, will it be refused? as on the UKBA site it says a contract is not necessary but MAY be submitted.

·
Registered
39,084 Posts
If you have a contract you should submit it. If only a copy is available, get your employer to stamp and sign as correct.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.