Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am a bit unsure about whose income can be considered. My partner (British citizen)'s income is under the £18,600 threshold.

My current job earns £25,000/year but I'm on a Post - study work visa which expires 23 July 2014.Could we use my income instead of my partner's in the application ? I have been on the job since April 2013 so more than 6 months and it is due to continue as it's a permanent position provided I can clear immigration.

Also, Is there any date by which I can no longer apply ? Of course I am planning to apply early in February 2014 but I was wondering if I should do it 6 months before expiration of my visa.

Thank you for your help.

·
Super Moderator
18,086 Posts
Hello everyone,

I am a bit unsure about whose income can be considered. My partner (British citizen)'s income is under the £18,600 threshold.

My current job earns £25,000/year but I'm on a Post - study work visa which expires 23 July 2014.Could we use my income instead of my partner's in the application ? I have been on the job since April 2013 so more than 6 months and it is due to continue as it's a permanent position provided I can clear immigration.

Also, Is there any date by which I can no longer apply ? Of course I am planning to apply early in February 2014 but I was wondering if I should do it 6 months before expiration of my visa.

Thank you for your help.
If you are in the UK on a visa which allows you to work then your income can count toward meeting the financial requirement. Are married? Getting married? Civil partners? Going to be be civil partners? Unmarried partners? What visa are you planning on applying for?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, thanks for your reply.
We're planning to apply for a fiance visa (opposite sex), so obviously we are not yet married.

·
Super Moderator
18,086 Posts
Hi, thanks for your reply.
We're planning to apply for a fiance visa (opposite sex), so obviously we are not yet married.
If you are on a PSW as you said, you don't need a fiance visa and a fiance visa does not allow you to work. Also, I don't think you can apply for a fiance visa from within the UK. You can marry on a PSW as it's a long term visa. Obviously you have to marry before your visa expires and then you can apply for FLR (M) which is further leave to remain as a spouse. You only need to apply for your next visa before your current one expires.

·
Registered
39,127 Posts
You can't apply as a fiancé because you are already in UK. You either must get married first and apply for leave to remain as spouse (before your current Tier 1 expires), or if you have been living together for 2 years, you can apply for leave to remain as unmarried partner.

You can go home and apply for fiancé visa, but in that case you will have to apply and pay again for leave to remain as spouse, so wasting both your money and time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.