Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I apologize if I have posted in the wrong section!

I met my girlfriend online about 2 years ago, and we were finally able to meet a week ago. We took pictures together, went out and well.. it was the greatest time of our lives. I've spent hours looking into how I can bring her here to stay with me for I do love her dearly and there's nothing more I want than to be with her. I get DLA at low-rate for an anxiety disorder, OCD and depression. I believe this exempts me from the 18,600 minimum financial requirement to sponser her and obtain visas. I am planning on getting a job and moving into a two bedoom flat with my friend who is working part-time. The rent would be around 800-900 a month. If I were earning around 900-1000 a month, and paid, say, 400 towards the rent whilst my friend pays the other 400, would this suffice as accommodation/rent? aswell as the 112.5 a week left over? I was thinking that because I was not paying the rent in full, and in fact, sharing the rent with my friend in the property of a landlord, that the UKBA would reject any visas because they do not see it as me paying the entire rent. Is it okay for me and my friend to pay the rent? He would live there with me, and since it is a 2 bedroom flat, I believe 3 people living there wouldn't class as overcrowded?

I apologize for anything naive as I am very new to all of this and I just want to be able to breathe and know that this is okay to do.

Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.