Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
My fiance and I are extremely close to submitting his fiance Visa application. I had all of my research for the Visa saved on my computer but it has broken. I am struggling to find the document which details the different categories for the financial requirement. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Nyclon. Perhaps you can help me figure out my category? We are applying under category B non-salaried. I am providing my last six months of payslips, all of which are over £1550 gross. However I have just noticed that section 5.3.8 of the above document states that secondly, I "Must in addition have received In the 12 months prior To the date of application the level of income required To meet the financial requirement"

Does this mean that I will have to provide bank statements and payslips for the full 12 months prior to the date of application?! As I have only gathered the documents for the prior six months. I also have a P60 from earlier this year which shows I met the financial requirement for the tax year 2012/2013.

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
If you are applying under Category B you need 12 months of pay slips and bank statements and they must total £18,600.

If you've been with same employer for at least 6 months and you have earned £1550 each month for the last 6 months you can apply under Category A.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was told to apply under category B because my pay varies each month. I am paid a basic annual wage, then am paid an hourly rate on top of this for the work I actually do, as well as a monthly performance based-bonus and a small amount of commission. Is it possible to still apply under cat. A with these circumstances?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just re-read the above document and it is clear that I can apply under category A as nonsalaried. I think in my panic I just mis-read the description. Thank you so much for your help Nyclon!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.