Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone in this field can give me some advice.

I worked in the UK for a major bank and in South Africa I have increased my experience in this field.

My intention is to become a financial planner in Queensland and I have done a fair amount of research on the qualification to start selling regulated financial products.

Kaplan Professional (online distance learning, Australia) has a course called "diploma of financial services (Financial planning), they claim it meets R146 standards, which I am sure it does. My question however is, would this allow me to start an entry-level financial planning job or would I need to complete other courses first?

Any advice would be helpful.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
so there is no one on this forum who is either a financial planner or looking to become one.....

any info would help........

·
Registered
760 Posts
so there is no one on this forum who is either a financial planner or looking to become one.....

any info would help........
Dear OzMove;

Australian recruiter/employer prefer indigenous qualification and experience.... but you know there are some exceptional cases as well....might be in the beginning you'd have to do some irrelevant jobs to let some worthy AUD cash-flows in ! Let me tell you would be whatever you want to be provided perseverance and hard work is there...

best luck...!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dear OzMove;

Australian recruiter/employer prefer indigenous qualification and experience.... but you know there are some exceptional cases as well....might be in the beginning you'd have to do some irrelevant jobs to let some worthy AUD cash-flows in ! Let me tell you would be whatever you want to be provided perseverance and hard work is there...

best luck...!!

:) Thanks dude, I have some idea as I have done this when I went to the UK. I worked on a farm, did security, worked in a bar, as a waiter, did forklift driving etc. :) I think I have done more kinds of jobs than most people. :) It's fun, thanks for the motivational words, good luck to you also.

·
Registered
760 Posts
:) Thanks dude, I have some idea as I have done this when I went to the UK. I worked on a farm, did security, worked in a bar, as a waiter, did forklift driving etc. :) I think I have done more kinds of jobs than most people. :) It's fun, thanks for the motivational words, good luck to you also.
On a comic note your track record is simply impressive........I envy you for this all.....but on a serious note if you'd deploy that approach all over again.....I am sure you'll be through...and success would be your destiny...I have also done some odd jobs during my studies....and have decided to do it all over again to gain ground in that somehow unknown part of world.....

best luck again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.