Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I will be applying for GSM 175 soon.

I have had my skills assessed (CSL + MODL). I will take IELTS in few weeks.

I have two questions here:

1. One of my friends told me that you need to submit financial support document along with GSM 175 application documents. He said you need to show liquid assets of about INR 6 lacs atleast :confused:. Can anybody confirm this? I couldn't find this on forum here and neither on immi.gov.au website.

2. My wife studied in an English medium school and also did her graduation in English medium. Currently she is working as Information Officer at an embassy. Is she required to appear for IELTS? (I believe not). If not, then what document I need to submit as proof?:confused2:

neo_leo

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
hi neo,

welcome to the forum..

no u dont need to show any assets. that is for state sponsorship. the amount is about 30k, (20 for main applicant and 10 every dependent). for main application, nothing.. (not for now atleast)

for your wife, you can provide/attach proofs of her being in english medium school. a letter form school and college would do the trick, stating, all her education was from english medium.

Hope this helps

cheers
anj

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for a prompt reply as usual. you rock :clap2:

hi neo,

welcome to the forum..

no u dont need to show any assets. that is for state sponsorship. the amount is about 30k, (20 for main applicant and 10 every dependent). for main application, nothing.. (not for now atleast)
could you guide me to the list of documents required for GSM 175. I know they must have been already discussed in the forum but I couldn't find any :ranger: .

for your wife, you can provide/attach proofs of her being in english medium school. a letter form school and college would do the trick, stating, all her education was from english medium.

Hope this helps

cheers
anj
I see from earlier posts that you had taken IELTS, and I guess that you guys were trying to get the extra 5 points for partner skills!! I think for getting these points you also need to get your skills assessed. Tough uh!!
I really hope letter from school /college would be sufficient.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
hi neo, yes a letter from school and college both is sufficient, a friend did and and was not asked for any thing else. i did appear for ielts and we both got overall 8+, so got 25 points.

i did not apply for skill assessment, my husband had enough points, he is 29 and it was alright with us with just his assessment.

as for list of documents. we gave all documents from his work experience, everything that we gave for ACS, certificates from college, school, transcripts, certification course proofs, appointment letters, bank statements, salary slips, confirmation letter, appraisal letters, borth certificates for both of us (his was in hindi so a translation and mine was not a registered certificate so an affidavit). a change of name affidavit for me, marriage certificate, my CV, his CV, my educational proofs, certificates and degrees for both of us, ielts transcript, etc etc (incase i missed something have a look at a thread by me on documents i gave for the visa, dont remember the subject exactly)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi neo, yes a letter from school and college both is sufficient, a friend did and and was not asked for any thing else. i did appear for ielts and we both got overall 8+, so got 25 points.

i did not apply for skill assessment, my husband had enough points, he is 29 and it was alright with us with just his assessment.
Thanks again Anj...
but whats confusing me here is that, why did u take IELTS? I mean, the main applicant is required to get a score >= 7 to get 25 points. :confused2:

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
i took ielts because that time i knew if they accept letters from the univ and school but i was sick of running from pillar to post for documents i thought its best to take ielts thn to go to the unniv (who are not so cooperating) for any kind of a letter. though I did my honors in philosophy, and am from a convent school.

yes main applicant should get over & for 25 points, he got 8.5 and i got 8.

sicne we are form India we have to either take ielts or provide proof of having studied in english medium, the latter is a royal pain, taking ielts is easier thn running from one institute to the other

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Anj.. :)

·
Banned
262 Posts
Hi Anjali,

I just wanted to know, if i provdie my wife's transcript for 11 & 12th (2years), B.A (3 years), and PG (2years) then will it do? or should i also provide the transcript for schooling as well. I think transcript of 7 years of Higher Secondary education is Ok, right?

Cheerio!!!

i took ielts because that time i knew if they accept letters from the univ and school but i was sick of running from pillar to post for documents i thought its best to take ielts thn to go to the unniv (who are not so cooperating) for any kind of a letter. though I did my honors in philosophy, and am from a convent school.

yes main applicant should get over & for 25 points, he got 8.5 and i got 8.

sicne we are form India we have to either take ielts or provide proof of having studied in english medium, the latter is a royal pain, taking ielts is easier thn running from one institute to the other

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
its simple navendum, give them an extra document which clear all their doubt, i just told u, get a letter from the school and college that the medium of education was english. It cant get simpler than that.

If you still want to go the transcript route (which nowehre mentions that subjects other than english were in english language) then pls do. it would just raises a doubt and the CO might end up asking for more proofs or 2nd installment. Do the transcripts say geography, history, commerce etc etc were all in taught in english? i doubt.. which implies: just no transcript is nt enough.

remember, leave no stone unturned, send them extra and chances are they might just give u a green faster, send them less documents and the processing will take longer.

·
Banned
262 Posts
Hey! anj,

If i get it written like " All the subjects including the subject "ENGLISH" are studied by so ans so person in english as a medium of language." Then will it do?

Thanks

its simple navendum, give them an extra document which clear all their doubt, i just told u, get a letter from the school and college that the medium of education was english. It cant get simpler than that.

If you still want to go the transcript route (which nowehre mentions that subjects other than english were in english language) then pls do. it would just raises a doubt and the CO might end up asking for more proofs or 2nd installment. Do the transcripts say geography, history, commerce etc etc were all in taught in english? i doubt.. which implies: just no transcript is nt enough.

remember, leave no stone unturned, send them extra and chances are they might just give u a green faster, send them less documents and the processing will take longer.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
yes, aling with that u anyways give all marksheets & certificates from school and that should do

1 - 11 of 11 Posts