Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

If anyone with detailed knowledge could answer the below it would be very much appreciated.

I was recently made redundant from my job at the end of April and as of the start of June I began work as a contractor with my own ltd company.

My salaried earnings for the tax year of 2014 - 2015 more than covers the required £18,600 which is reflected in my P60 even with being unemployed for May. My new daily rate with the company I am contracting for when added up for the month is substantially more than the required £1550 and will remain like that.

Can anyone please advise which categories I would be best applying under in order to bring my wife here from the USA.

I have tried going through multiple threads but cannot find anything that mimics my situation properly.

Any help would be amazing.

Thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...06_immigration_rules_appendix_fm_se_final.pdf
That one goes into the long and confusing financial descriptions.

When filing Category F ( self employed) they require a full financial year to evidence the income minimum has been met. That would mean being unable to apply until you'd been self employed for one full financial year. Then you must meet the threshold AFTER expenses but before taxes. They also require a tremendous amount of exact proof and documentation to qualify.
I do not know how contracted work is categorized as self employed vs non-salaried employment. If the contracted work does not count as self employed, you would want category B showing your earnings from the previous 12 months from each employer and all of the details as listed in the link above.
I think I read the financial FMSE about 700 times :) It is very confusing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.