Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

do you have to be physically in the UK for the duration of the fiance visa?

The reason why I am asking, is maybe my partner and I would like to go on honeymoon in Europe for a week or so, after the CP has taken place and before I switch over to a spouse.

Also, will e-mail correspondence for honeymoon arrangements help to prove that CP will take place?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Hi everyone,

do you have to be physically in the UK for the duration of the fiance visa?

The reason why I am asking, is maybe my partner and I would like to go on honeymoon in Europe for a week or so, after the CP has taken place and before I switch over to a spouse.
Generally not recommended. While people doing something similar have sometimes been allowed back in, remember you are no longer a fiancé but a spouse or civil partner and no longer fits the description of your visa. Much safer to do a same-day premium service for your FLR and you can then safely leave for your honeymoon abroad as soon as you get your biometric residence permit. Or travel in UK or Ireland.

Also, will e-mail correspondence for honeymoon arrangements help to prove that CP will take place?
It should really to do with your wedding/CP arrangement.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Joppa,

just read that the UK goverment advises that you postpone travel, because you will need your card to re-enter UK. ah well, honeymoon can always be postponed for the greater good ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.