Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I know this is the France forum, but it has come to my attention that many people who live in the Nice area commute to Monte Carlo for work.

My profession is financial operations/hedge fund accounting. I have tried a few google searches but don't think I've found a good source for determining what banks and funds are located in Monte Carlo and what (if any) financial operations (back office) positions might be available.

I realize this is a shot in the dark and I'm not putting any grand hopes into it, but I figured what the heck. Anyone have any insight? :)

·
Administrator
49,438 Posts
Monte Carlo operates under French rules as far as immigration and all is concerned.

Try the pages jaunes (yellow pages) for Monte Carlo as far as finding out what banks and funds are located in the principality: Annuaire Téléphonique Officiel de Monaco et Monte Carlo

Chances are the financial companies in Monte Carlo don't really need to post job openings on public listings. Transfer to Monaco is definitely considered a "perk" for well placed employees of the major banks and financial companies.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
594 Posts
You might want to say Monaco? Monte Carlo is only a part of Monaco.

Monaco belongs to the E.U. and imigrations laws are somehow standard. Preference is given to Monaco citizen, but they are so few and banks are so stingy that they do prefer employing other nationalities.

good luck, web sites with keyword Monaco will bring a lot of results

·
Registered
66 Posts
You might want to say Monaco? Monte Carlo is only a part of Monaco.

Monaco belongs to the E.U. and imigrations laws are somehow standard. Preference is given to Monaco citizen, but they are so few and banks are so stingy that they do prefer employing other nationalities.

good luck, web sites with keyword Monaco will bring a lot of results
I am sorry, but Monaco is NOT part of the EU. Immigration rules are seperate from French and EU immigration rules. French citizens have easy access to Monaco, and other EU citizens have limited free circulation rights in Monaco (but not as total as in the EU). Visas are given to 3rd country nationals through the French diplomatic service, but immigration decisions are made by the Monaco authorities themselves

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First off, a very belated thank you, Bev! I did find the listings helpful. I've also been checking out efinancialcareers.com, etc. I do have a French friend in Nice who works in Monaco and has explained to me how it works visa-wise. I did know that it is not a part of the EU and that I would need a visa to work. I have read, however, that if an employer wants you, it is not so difficult to get a work visa-so I'm not so concerned with that-just with finding my niche (if one exists.) Obviously if I found an opportunity they would know from the start that I required sponsorship.

Thank you to all who have contributed their 2 cents/p. Cheers!

M

·
0 Posts
If you get a Job offer in Monaco - then the visa should be least of your worries... Monaco is extremely easy to get a visa if you are a) Rich and b) Get a job offer there.

Lots of private banks there...you will love the lifestyle in that part of the world....if you get a job with a Bank there and get to party with the Monegasque elite....trust me...nothing like it.

Try Safra Bank....or other swiss banks with offices in Monaco.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.