Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

I would like to know how the accounting and finance sector in australia is shaping up.

I am CPA Australia and CPA - USA with 10+ years of exp

Looking forward in hearing from you

Regards
Viks

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi Viks

My brother who is in Sydney told me that one of his friend(CA) was searching for job for the last 8-10 months got a job recently only... that also in Perth.. So he is moving from Sydney to Perth... As per my brother's opinion.... wait for 1-2 years... thats why me too waiting.... No.. DIAC told me to wait... (All the State Sponsored Non CSL applications will be processed by 2012 only)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Satish
I am PR holder and thinking of moving to Perth in the next 3 - 4 weeks.
Wanted to have dip stick before i make a move

what abt u . a

Regards

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi

Good to hear that you are moving soon. Are you moving with your family? Try to take as much money with you so that you can start searching jobs without much tension. Bcas if you didnt have sufficient financial support you will be forced to join small jobs.. You have CPA.. so I feel you will not face that much problem..

My case... I got SA State Sponsorship and finished Medicals/PCC etc and was waiting for Visa. Unfortunately due to the recent priority processing from 23.09.09, I have to wait till 2012. May be thats the time for me to land there....

I got 6.5 only for Speaking, eventhough got 7 plus in all other modules in IELTS... hence will not come under CSL category.... Now in middle east working as Finance Manager of a Company...

When you applied??

All the best for a better futute in Aus...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi

Good to hear that you are moving soon. Are you moving with your family? Try to take as much money with you so that you can start searching jobs without much tension. Bcas if you didnt have sufficient financial support you will be forced to join small jobs.. You have CPA.. so I feel you will not face that much problem..

My case... I got SA State Sponsorship and finished Medicals/PCC etc and was waiting for Visa. Unfortunately due to the recent priority processing from 23.09.09, I have to wait till 2012. May be thats the time for me to land there....

I got 6.5 only for Speaking, eventhough got 7 plus in all other modules in IELTS... hence will not come under CSL category.... Now in middle east working as Finance Manager of a Company...

When you applied??

All the best for a better futute in Aus...

Hi

I am not sure if they really care of titles !
I am single..
But in any new job market u may need to pick up what ever flows in your way
2012 is long way .. but i think you can be more financially prepared .
I did work in the middle east in Pwc - oman ..
i applied in Aug 07 and got the PR in Jul 08.

Thanks and keep in touch ..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts