Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya Guys,

We finally get to say "WE GOT OUR VISA'S"

Got woken at 4:47am by Marks Aus employer to say that the visa had been approved. WOW we're walking around with a big smile on our face and can't stop hugging ourselves.

I will update the time line. But just a quickie. The visa got retracted in september because of all the new visa 457 conditions and a new application was put in on Monday 7th December and we got the approval today, Friday 11th December. House is sold and hopefully by mid Jan we're on our way to OZ :plane:

Lots of love and best wishes all your way and hope to those that are still waiting.

Satty :love::love:

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Wow BIG Congratulations :clap2:

What a wonderful way to be woken up!

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
wow, congratulations..
start packing now :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow, congratulations..
start packing now :)

Thanks Anj, I just rang my mum as she's visiting India. i thought she was going to be upset as we didn't get to say goodbye properyly but she was so happy for us and even said she's going to try and do a stopover in oz before she heads back to UK. It's his parents reactions that I'm worried about.

As for packing we've just put up all the xmas decs... lol

With all my heart I hope you get your good news soon as you deserve it the most.
xx

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
hey, ur mom's in India.. if she needs any help, lemme know. :) i am in Gurgaon (DELHI/NCR)..

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey, ur mom's in India.. if she needs any help, lemme know. :) i am in Gurgaon (DELHI/NCR)..
Thanks Anj, you're so sweet. She lives in Ludhiana but will be visiting Delhi as has friends there. At the moment she's visiting the temples etc as she wanted to get blessings for her children, well I did ring her and say it worked.

xx

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
My Dad's sister stays in Ludhiana, its a lovely place, the best hosieries are there. ask her to pick some good winter-wear from there :).. specially capes..

as for Delhi.. just incase she needs any assistance, let me know :). (Send me a PM) the weather here is awesome right now.. not UK winter but for us it is cold.. nice sunny afternoons and moderately cold evening :)

Wish you luck with everything..

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
:cheer2: CONGRATULATIONS :cheer2:

It's such a great feeling isn't it!

Good luck Satty,
Dolly

·
Registered
233 Posts
Congrats... :clap2:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My Dad's sister stays in Ludhiana, its a lovely place, the best hosieries are there. ask her to pick some good winter-wear from there :).. specially capes..

as for Delhi.. just incase she needs any assistance, let me know :). (Send me a PM) the weather here is awesome right now.. not UK winter but for us it is cold.. nice sunny afternoons and moderately cold evening :)

Wish you luck with everything..
Thanks Anj, I will PM you later on when my feet touch the ground again and find out when mum is in Delhi as she'll love to just pop past and say hi. Beware though, my mum will end up adopting you and help "sort your life out" as Indian mothers do. But she's real sweet at heart.

xx

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:cheer2: CONGRATULATIONS :cheer2:

It's such a great feeling isn't it!

Good luck Satty,
Dolly
Hi Dolly, it's a Brilliant feeling and it feels as if we won the lottery. We were so close to quitting at one point as had started seeing houses as planned to move in UK. And then they get their act together.

Can't wait and I'm going to go shopping for lots of Marmite so if anyone needs to place an order let me know...... lol, just hope customs will understand

xx

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
anytime :).. is she from India?? You are not an Indian (NRI).. shoot, i have forgotten things i guess :p

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
anytime :).. is she from India?? You are not an Indian (NRI).. shoot, i have forgotten things i guess :p
Hi Anj, We live in the UK, british born, but I am punjabi. My mum still has a house in Ludhiana and visits every year. Last time I visited India was 15 yrs ago and was planning on taking my family there but then this came up. It'll be another 2 yrs before we get our PR before we can finaly visit. I still love Chandigarh as it's very modern...lol

xx

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
I did not know all this :).. so we meet in OZ if not in India

1 - 20 of 29 Posts