Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My IELTS score was holding me up, I needed 8's across the board... On my first test, I got: L9, R8.5, W7.5, S9. I filed for an EOR (Enquiry on Results) to have my Writing test re-assessed. That was back at the beginning of February... in the meantime, I took the test again and got: L9,R7.5,W8,S8.5 (missed it again, but this time on Reading).

Anyway - just got my EOR results, and they increased my Writing test from 7.5 to 9!!! So now my first test's scores have been revised to: L9,R8.5,W9,S9 with an overall of 9 :)

So thrilled!!!! :D Will hopefully have the 176 files before the end of the week. YIPPEE!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Gosh! that's amazing!! :clap2: Many congrats!!

Good luck for the rest of the journey.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Congrats mbc!!

An increase of 1.5 in band score indicates someone screwed up big time in evaluating your paper first time around. Unnecessary trouble!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sraza said:
Congrats mbc!!

An increase of 1.5 in band score indicates someone screwed up big time in evaluating your paper first time around. Unnecessary trouble!
Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking... and cannot tell you the emotional turmoil it has caused over the last two months. Not to mention expense (sat another test, had to get a hotel room, gas money, etc. - the test center is 3 hours from where I live). Oh, well, not going to dwell on it, just SO RELIEVED that its over.

About to send a note to cancel my 21 April test, hopefully they will give me a full refund for that one.

Sent from my iPad using ExpatForum

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.